Here we are providing you the detailed syllabus & exam pattern for the SBI PO Exam.
SBI PO 2017: Exam Pattern
SBI PO 2017 – Phase – I Preliminary Examination
SBI PO 2017 – Phase – II Main Examination
(A) Objective Test
The objective test consists of
- Reasoning & Computer Aptitude
- Data Analysis & Interpretation
- General Awareness about Economy/ Banking
- English Language
Total No of Questions: 155
Total Marks: 200
Total Time Duration : 3 hours
(B) Descriptive Test
Descriptive Test: The Descriptive Test of 30 minutes duration with 25 marks will be a Test of English Language (Letter Writing & Essay). The candidates are required to qualify in the Descriptive Test by securing passing marks, to be decided by the Bank.
- Descriptive Test paper of only those candidates will be evaluated who have scored qualifying marks in the Objective Tests and are placed adequately high as per total marks in objective test.
SBI PO 2017 – Phase – III Interview
The qualifying marks in Group Discussion &Interview will be as decided by the Bank.
SBI PO 2017 – Final Selection
- Marks obtained in the Preliminary Examination (Phase-I) will not be considered for the selection.
- The candidates will have to qualify both in Phase-II and Phase-III separately.
- Marks secured by the candidates in the Written Test (out of 225 marks) are converted to out of 75 and marks secured in Group Discussion & Interview (out of 50 marks) are converted to out of 25.
SBI PO 2017: Syllabus
The topics to be covered in this section are
- Data Interpretation [ Bar Graph, Pie Chart, Table, Line Graph, Radar Chart, Mixed Graph]
- Number Series
- Data Sufficiency
- Quadratic Equations
- Miscellaneous- Time and Work, Partnership, Profit and Loss, Mensuration, Time, Distance and Speed –Trains, Boats n Streams, Simple and Compound interest, Mixture and Alligation, Ratio and Proportion, Percentages, Averages, Age, Problems based on Numbers.
Reasoning & Computer Aptitude:
The topics to be covered are
- Puzzles – Seating Arrangement(North – South, Circular, Rectangle, Square)Based on Floors, Hierarchy, Boxes, Months, Days etc.,
- Machine Input/Output
- Blood Relation
- Direction Sense
- Logical Reasoning
- Coding Decoding
- Statement and Assumptions/Conclusions
- Analytical Reasoning
- Flow Chart based questions
The topics to be covered in this section are
- Reading comprehension including Synonyms and Antonyms
- Sentence rearrangement or Para jumbles
- Sentence Correction/ Error Finding
- Spell Checks
- Cloze Test
General Awareness(With Special Reference to Banking)
The syllabus for this section remains vast
The topics included are
- Banking/Financial terms
- Current Affairs – covers every current news including related to the banking industry, latest appointments, obituaries, awards and honors, books and authors, new schemes of central and state governments, sports, etc.
- Static GK – topics like headquarters of financial organizations , Country-capital, country-currency, constituencies of ministers, dance forms, nuclear and thermal power stations, Superlatives of World and India, First in India & World, Places with surname, Palaces, International Lines/Boundaries, Important Monuments of India & World, Rivers, Parliament names of different countries, Important Temples, National Parks,Airports, Wildlife Sanctuary, Stadium, Important Days,memorial place / crematorium, etc.,
- Click Here To Read Banking Awareness Questions
- Click Here To Read Daily Current Affairs
- Click Here To Download Current Affairs 2017 Pocket PDF
- Click Here To Take Current Affairs Mock Tests – Month wise
- Click Here To Download Static GK Capsule
- Click Here To Download Banking Awareness Capsule
- Click Here To Buy Banking & Economy Questions 2016 PDF – (Aug-Dec31)
It includes one Essay writing and One letter Writing.
Write a letter to the bank manager to share an innovative idea on File management system in banks
Write a letter to the newspaper editor on how to stop crime in city
Write a letter to your old teacher to thank him/her for making you a good human being
Pros and cons of ‘one rank one pension’ scheme
Over-dependence on monsoon for farmers
Ethical problems of e-commerce
Essay on effects of increasing FDI
SBI PO 2016 – Descriptive Test Questions:
- Letter to editor – increase in selfies among youth
Letter to parents – new job in new city and problems faced there
Principal to Parents – Importance of parents in children education.
- Essay on effect of Pokemon Go
- Importance of History of nation.
- Essay on positive effects of Hike in salary of an employee
UIICL AO 2016 – Descriptive Test Questions:
Essay Writing & Letter writing Questions:
- Difference between Life Insurance and General Insurance, explain the types of Fire Insurance
- SWOT Analysis of Insurance sector in India
- Importance about term Insurance policies
- Letter related to damage Insurance claim
- Write a letter to transfer your policy from Pune to Madurai.
- Essay related to ” Insurance is the subject matter of solicitation”
- Essay related to “Insurance awareness” in Rural India
- Essay related to Benefits of “Child Insurance”
- Letter related to damage insurance claim
- Write a letter to a friend about the benefits of health insurance policies
BOB PO 2016 – Descriptive Test Questions:
1. Letter to the News Editor – Air pollution due to festivals
2. Letter to Police commissioner – Cyber Crime Awareness Campaign
1. Privacy about Film stars & Politicians
2. “Paid news” Is an Ethical in Journalism
NABARD Development Assistant 2016 – Descriptive Test Questions:
- Effect of illiteracy on economy
- School dropout : reasons and measures
- Should students join politics?
- Participation in team sports
- Click Here To View Descriptive Test Questions
- Important Essay & Letter Writing topics for UIICL AO 2016
- Descriptive Writing : Expected Essay topics for SBI PO 2016
- Descriptive Writing : Expected letter writing topics for SBI PO 2016