4 day Visit of External Affairs Minister to Republic of Kazakhstan, Kyrgyz Republic and Republic of Uzbekistan (August 2- 5, 2018)
On August 5, 2018 External Affairs Minister Smt. Sushma Swaraj concluded her 4 day visit to three nations
It is her first trip to these countries as External Affairs Minister.
2 day Visit of External Affairs Minister to Republic of Kazakhstan from August 2-3, 2018
- On August 2-3, 2018, External Affairs Minister Smt. Sushma Swaraj visited the Republic of Kazakhstan.
- Earlier Prime Minister Narendra Modi visited Kazakhstan in 2015 and for SCO Summit in June 2017.
Swaraj interacts with Indian community in Kazakhstan
The MEA minister announced her motto: “ Indian Embassy : Home away from Home” that addresses the NRIs 24×7.
A bilateral meeting with her Kazakhstani counterpart Kairat Abdrakhmanov
- During her visit to Astana, the minister also held a bilateral meeting with her Kazakhstani counterpart Kairat Abdrakhmanov.
- Discussions on deepening cooperation in defence & security, energy, pharma, capacity building and culture were made.
External Affairs Minister (EAM) Sushma Swaraj met Kazakhstan Prime Minister Bakytzhan Sagintayev
- Discussions on strengthening cooperation in trade and investment, ICT, joint film production, tourism and people-to-people contacts.
- India will partner with Kazakhstan to explore markets for new products, diversifying from the trade in traditional products.
- Further the flagship initiatives of the Modi government such as ‘Digital India’, ‘Start up India’ ‘Make in India’ can boost business relations with Kazakhstan.
♦ Capital: Astana.
♦ Currency: Kazakhstani tenge.
♦ Kazakhstan is India’s largest trade and investment partner in Central Asia.
2 day Visit of External Affairs Minister to Kyrgyz Republic from August 3-4, 2018
- On August 3-4, 2018, External Affairs Minister Smt. Sushma Swaraj visited the Kyrgyz Republic.
- Swaraj arrived at Issyk Kul in eastern Kyrgyzstan and was received by Kyrgyzstan’s Foreign Minister Erlan Abdyldaev.
- Earlier, Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi visited this Central Asian nation in July 2015, then Kyrgyz President Almazbek Atambaev also visited India in December 2016.
Talks with her Kyrgyzstan counterpart Erlan Abdyldaev
- On August 4, 2018, External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj held talks with her Kyrgyzstan counterpart Erlan Abdyldaev on deepening cooperation in a number of areas, including trade, energy and defence and security.
- Cooperation in fields of trade and investment, defence and security, IT, health, HRD, tourism and joint film production were discussed.
- They discussed about the multi-dimensional relations they share in areas including political, parliamentary, defence, science and technology and health.
Sushma Swaraj congratulated the Kyrgyz Republic for taking over as Chair of SCO in 2018-19 and assured full cooperation in the successful conduct of meetings and the SCO Summit in 2019 to be held in Kyrgyzstan.
♦ Capital: Bishkek.
♦ Currency: Kyrgyzstani som.
2day Visit of External Affairs Minister to Uzbekistan from August 4-5, 2018
- On August 4-5, 2018 , External Affairs Minister Smt. Sushma Swaraj visited the Republic of Uzbekistan.
- Ms Swaraj, who is on her first visit to Uzbekistan, was personally received by her Uzbek counterpart Abdulaziz Kamilov at the airport.
Meeting with the Foreign Minister of the Republic of Uzbekistan, Mr. Abdulaziz Khafizovich Kamilov
- MEA exchanged views on regional and global issues during delegation-level talks with Mr Kamilov.
- Exchange of high level visits, diversifying the trade basket, prospects of cooperation in space, expansion of defence cooperation, exchange of parliamentary delegations, cultural performances.
- India and Uzbekistan are strategic partners with strong historical and cultural linkages.
External Affairs Minister met the Prime Minister of the Republic of Uzbekistan, H.E. Mr. Abdulla Nigmatovich Aripov.
Diversifying the trade basket and enhancing two-way investments were discussed for furthering business ties.
External Affairs Minister met with the Speaker, His Excellency Mr. Nurdinjon Ismailov,
Discussions on expansion of bilateral relations in parliamentary affairs, including the exchange of parliamentary delegations were held.
External Affairs Minister met President of the Republic of Uzbekistan, H.E. Mr. Shavkat Mirziyoyev
Invited him for his first visit to India which would be an opportunity for India and Uzbekistan to further strengthen bilateral relationship.
- EAM paid floral tributes to late Shri Lal Bahadur Shastri, at his memorial on Shastri Street, who had passed away in Tashkent in 1966. He signed the Tashkent Declaration that formally ended a war between India and Pakistan.
- She had a meeting with Uzbek Indologists, Hindi scholars, ICCR alumni and ITEC students.
- She also inaugurated a two-day Uttar Pradesh Mango Festival in Tashkent.
♦ Capital: Tashkent.
♦ Currency: Uzbekistan Som