Aptitude Questions: Percentage Set – 11
Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Quantitative Aptitude Section Section with explanation in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating question samples from Percentage with explanation, which is common for competitive exams. We have included some questions that are repeatedly asked in bank exams !!!
- In a class, 60% of the students are boys and in an examination, 80% of the girls scored more than 40 marks(Maximum Marks:150). If 60% of the total students scored more than 40 marks in the same exam, what is the fraction of the boys who scored 40 marks or less.
- In an election 10% of the voters on the voters’ list did not cast votes and 60 voters cast their ballot papers blank. There were only two candidates. The winner was supported by 47% of all voters in the list and he got 308 votes more than his rival. The number of voters on the list was:
- Deepak was to get a 50% hike in his pay but the computer operator wrongly typed the figure as 80% and printed the new pay slip. He received this revised salary for three months before the organization realized the mistake. What percentage of his correct new salary will get in the fourth month, if the excess paid to him in the previous three months is to be deducted from his fourth month?
- The prices of two articles are in the ratio 3 : 4. If the price of the first article be increased by 10% and that of the second by Rs. 4, the original ratio remains the same. The original price of the second article is
- The ratio of the number of boys and girls in a school is 3:2. If 20% of the boys and 25% of the girls are scholarship holders, the percentage of the students who are not scholarship holders is
- Sohan spends 23% of an amount of money on an insurance policy, 33% on food, 19% on children’s education and 16% on recreation. He deposits the remaining amount of Rs. 504 in bank. How much total amount did he spend on food and insurance policy together?
- Deepika went to a fruit shop with a certain amount of money. She retains 15% of her money for auto fare. She can buy either 40 apples or 70 oranges with that remaining amount. If she buys 35 oranges, how many more apples she can buy?
- The price of a car is Rs. 4,50,000. It was insured to 80% of its price. The car was damaged completely in an accident and the insurance company paid 90% of the insurance. What was the difference between the price of the car and the amount received?
- The tank-full petrol in Arun’s motor-cycle last for 10 days. If he starts using 25% more every day, how many days will the tank-full petrol last?
- Last year there were 610 boys in a school. The number decreased by 20 percent this year. How many girls are there in the school if the number of girls is 175 percent of the total number of boys in the school this year ?
Note: Dear Readers if you have any doubt in any chapter in Quants you can ask here. We will clear your doubts