Aptitude Questions : Time and Distance Set 10
Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Quantitative Aptitude Section in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating question sample in Time and Distance with Explanation, which is common for all the IBPS,SBI,SSC and other competitive exams. We have included Some questions that are repeatedly asked in bank exams !!!
Questions Penned by Yogit
- The distance between two cities P and Q is 300km. A train starts from station P at 10 am with speed 80 km/hr towards Q. Another train starts from Q towards P with speed 40km/hr at 11 am . At what time do they meet.
b) 12.40 pm
c) 12.50 pm
d) 1 pm
- A car covers first 10 km with 40km/hr next 10km with 60 km and next 10 km in 20 km/hr. What is the average speed of the car.
- A train running with 72km/hr takes 20sec to cross a platform 200 m long. How much it take to cross a stationary train having same length
a) 20 sec
b) 30 sec
c) 40 sec
d) 50 sec
- Two cities A and B are at a distance of 60 km from each other. Two persons P and Q start from First city at a speed of 10km/hr and 5km/hr respectively. P reached the second city B and returns back and meets Q at Y. Find the distance between A and Y.
a) 30 km
b) 40 km
c) 50 km
d) 55 km
- A man covers 2/3 distance at a speed of 30 km/hr and the remaining at 60 km/hr. If the total distance he covers is 300 km. Find the average speed of the man.
a) 36 km/hr
c) 40 km/hr
- When priya travels from home to office with a speed of 40km/hr she reaches her office late by 20 minutes and when she travels with 60km/hr, she reach 10 minutes early. Find the distance between her office and home.
a) 50 km
b) 60 km
c) 65 km
d) 70 km
- A bus running at 3/5 of its usual speed reaches its destination in 15 hrs. If the bus runs at his usual speed, how much time would be saved.
sol = > D = (3/5)*v*15
- Excluding stoppages the speed of bus is 60 km/hr and including stoppages it average speed becomes 48km/hr. For how much time the bus stops.
a) 10 min
b) 12 min
c) 14 min
d) 16 min
- Rahul takes 4 hr in walking at certain place and return back. While it takes 3 hrs in walking at certain place and riding back. Find the time rahul will take to ride both sides
b) 3 hr
c) 3.5 hr
d) 1.5 hr
- P walks with a speed of 6 km/hr and after 5 hr of his start, Q starts running towards P at a speed of 8 km/hr. At what distance from start will Q catch P.
Note : Dear Friends if u know an alternate methods or shortcuts related to any chapter, you can share here.