E-Lobby is a facility which is now provided by banks so that their customers can do their banking transactions as per their convenience 24×7 i.e. without any time restriction. E-Lobby provides the facility on bank holidays also.
Today people have strict time schedule, whether a businessman or an employee. It is not possible for many to stand in long queues in banks to get their work done. So the concept of E-Lobby gives a long relief to these people.
Self service facilities which can be done at banking e-lobbies include
ATM withdrawals, cash deposits, card-to-card transfers, mobile phone top-ups, railway booking, passbook printing, NEFT, opening of FD/RD accounts, SMS alerts, cheque drop box, bill payments, mini statements, etc.
Some facts about E-Lobby:
- The features depend on different bank e-lobbies.
- For providing Internet banking transactions, there is an Internet banking kiosk in the e-lobby for undertaking. The kiosks are user- friendly and can be used at ease by the customers.
- Like the ATM machine works, same way the display messages on the screen guide the users for turning the pages until completion of the process.
- For printing passbooks, passbooks containing barcode of the Bank are to be inserted in the machine for updation.
- Different bank e-lobbies provide different facilities, like how much cash can be deposited per day, which denominations of notes can be deposited, etc.