Bengal government introduces Social Security Yojana converges 5 beneficiary schemes
The Bengal government has launched the scheme for unorganized sectors and self-employed people.
- A common beneficiary programme is prepared for all the sectors and according to that workers from each of the sectors and their family members will be benefitted.
- Children who will enroll in this scheme will also get education benefits.
- 5 crore people will get benefit from the Social Security Yojana and around 1 crore will get direct benefit.
The state government has introduced Social Security Yojana by converging five separate beneficiary schemes for workers.People will get more benefit from this new scheme as compared with five earlier schemes.
- State Assistance Scheme for Provident Fund for Unorganised Sector
- West Bengal Unorganized Sector Workers’ Health Security Scheme
- Social Security scheme for Construction Workers
- West Bengal Transport Workers Social Security Scheme
- West Bengal Bidi Workers Welfare Scheme are being converged.
The state government will also introduce State Nutrition Mission programme. Its objective is to ensure distribution of nutritional food among pregnant women, lactating mothers, children below six years and adolescent girls.
About West Bengal:
- Capital: Kolkata
- CM: Mamta Banerjee
- Governor: KeshariNathTripathi
- Official Language: Bengali