BHIM – Bharat Interface for Money Application
The Bharat Interface for Money (BHIM) mobile app was launched by Narendra Modi on 30 December 2016 in New Delhi.The BHIM app is dedicated to Dr. Bhimrao R. Ambedkar
Platfotm: Android, iOS and Window mobiles
- The app is based on the Unified Payments Interface (UPI) . It is an open platform and not a mobile wallet
- Bank-to-bank payments and Pay and collect money using just Mobile number or Virtual Payment Address (VPA).
- The app was developed by the National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI).
- Now available in 12 languages, it will be updated in other languages in future
Process of Transaction:
We can send or receive money to different bank accounts with ZERO Transaction charges by using
- UPI payment addresses by dialling star99hash(*99#)
- Account number with IFSC(Indian Financial System Code) code or MMID (Mobile Money Identifier) Code
- QR (Quick Response) code for a fixed amount of money
- ‘Pay to Aadhaar Number’ – can transfer money to the Aadhaar number linked with beneficiaries’ bank account.
- Transaction limit per day is limited to Rs.20,000
- Transaction limit per transaction is Rs.1 to Rs.10,000
- USSD(Unstructured Supplementary Service Data) transaction per day set at Rs. 5,000. Mobile operator may charge you up to Rs.1.50 per transaction.
- The BHIM app has ‘SPAM Report’ for collect requests to block unknown persons requesting for money.
- BHIM app has recorded 18 million downloads till March 2017