The Bharat Interface for Money (BHIM) mobile app was launched by Narendra Modi on 30 December 2016 in New Delhi.The BHIM app is dedicated to Dr. Bhimrao R. Ambedkar
Platfotm: Android, iOS and Window mobiles
- The app is based on the Unified Payments Interface (UPI) . It is an open platform and not a mobile wallet
- Bank-to-bank payments and Pay and collect money using just Mobile number or Virtual Payment Address (VPA).
- The app was developed by the National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI).
- Now available in 12 languages, it will be updated in other languages in future
Process of Transaction:
We can send or receive money to different bank accounts with ZERO Transaction charges by using
- UPI payment addresses by dialling star99hash(*99#)
- Account number with IFSC(Indian Financial System Code) code or MMID (Mobile Money Identifier) Code
- QR (Quick Response) code for a fixed amount of money
- ‘Pay to Aadhaar Number’ – can transfer money to the Aadhaar number linked with beneficiaries’ bank account.
- Transaction limit per day is limited to Rs.20,000
- Transaction limit per transaction is Rs.1 to Rs.10,000
- USSD(Unstructured Supplementary Service Data) transaction per day set at Rs. 5,000. Mobile operator may charge you up to Rs.1.50 per transaction.
- The BHIM app has ‘SPAM Report’ for collect requests to block unknown persons requesting for money.
- BHIM app has recorded 18 million downloads till March 2017