Cabinet Approvals with Foreign Countries on February 07 2018
On February 7, 2018, Union Cabinet chaired by the Prime Minister Narendra Modi approved following bilateral agreements.
Cabinet apprised of an MoU signed between India and Tunisia for cooperation on Youth matters
This Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) was signed on October 30, 2017, in New Delhi. It shall be valid for a period of five years.
- Objective of this MoU is to create international perspective among the Indian Youth.
- Activities under this MoU would include organization of youth exchange programmes; invitations to international conferences, seminars, youth festivals and workshops.
Quick Facts about Tunisia:
- Capital – Tunis
- Currency – Tunisian dinar
- Current President – Beji Caid Essebsi
Cabinet approves Memorandum of Cooperation between India and USA on Law Enforcement Training
This Memorandum of Cooperation (MoC) will be signed between Federal Law Enforcement Training Centers (FLETC), USA and Bureau of Police Research & Development (BPR&D).
- It envisages cooperation between the two countries in security related matters under the aegis of the India-US Homeland Security Dialogue.
- Agreement for setting up Homeland Security Dialogue (HSD) mechanism was finalised during the then President of the USA, Barak Obama’s visit to India in November, 2010.
- The MoC on Law Enforcement Training will help in improving the standards of training, quality of trainers, training materials etc. of police forces in
Quick Facts about United States of America (USA):
- Capital – Washington D.C.
- Currency – US Dollar
- Current President – Donald Trump
Cabinet approves signing of India-Australia MoUs for Secondment Programme
This Memoranda of Understanding (MoU) will be signed between the Department of Economic Affairs (Indian Economic Service Cadre) and The Treasury, Government of Australia.
- Under this Secondment Programme, one officer from the Australian Treasury shall be seconded to the Department of Economic Affairs, Ministry of Finance and one officer from the IES (at Deputy Secretary/Director level) shall be seconded to the Australian Treasury, Government of Australia, for a period of three months.
- This exchange will help to deepen the understanding of current economic policy issues in both countries.
Quick Facts about Australia:
- Capital – Canberra
- Currency – Australian Dollar
- Current Prime Minister – Malcolm Turnbull
Cabinet approves MoU with United Kingdom and Northern Ireland on Cooperation in Skill Development, Vocational Training
Under this MoU, framework for innovative partnership between India and the United Kingdom Industry and training institutes will be created.
- Initiatives carried out under this MoU will help to scale up and improve quality of skill training efforts in India.
- Separate individual arrangements will be made to raise funding for carrying out activities under this project.
Quick Facts about United Kingdom:
- Capital – London
- Currency – Great British Pound
- Current Prime Minister – Theresa May
Cabinet approves Protocol amending DTAA between India, China
Union Cabinet has given its approval for signing and ratification of protocol amending the Agreement between India and China for the Avoidance of Double Taxation and the Prevention of Fiscal Evasion with respect to taxes on income.
- This protocol will amend Double Taxation Avoidance Agreement (DTAA) between India and China by updating the provisions on exchange of information to the latest international standards.
- The Protocol will also insert changes to implement treaty related minimum standards under Base Erosion & Profit shifting (BEPS) Project.
- BEPS project, undertaken by Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD) and G20 aims to curb cross border tax evasion by multinational companies.
Quick Facts about China:
- Capital – Beijing
- Currency – Renminbi
- Current President – Xi Jinping