Cabinet Approvals with Foreign Countries on June 27, 2018
Following are the cabinet approvals with the foreign nations as on June 27, 2018.
Cabinet approves MoU on Cooperation in the field of Planning: India and Singapore
On June 27, 2018, The Union Cabinet chaired by the Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi has given its ex post-facto approval to the MoU between India and Singapore on cooperation in the field of urban planning and development. The MoU was signed on 31st May 2018.
- This would facilitate government agencies in the Centre and States to tap into the expertise of Singapore agencies in the areas of urban development and management.
- Under this MOU, capacity building programme in the field of planning, focusing on areas of urban planning, water and waste water management, solid waste management, Intelligent Transport System and public financing (Public Private Partnerships) would be undertaken.
- The officials from Central Government, State Government and Urban Local Bodies would directly benefit by enhancing their knowledge base through exchange of knowledge of best practices.
♦ Currency : Singapore Dollar.
♦ President: Halimah Yacob .
Cabinet approved of the Agreement on Cooperation in the field of Science, Technology and Innovation: India and Denmark
On June 27, 2018, The Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi has been apprised of the Agreement between India and Denmark on Cooperation in the field of Science, Technology and Innovation. It was signed on 22nd May 2018.
- The stake-holders will include researchers from scientific organizations, academia, R&D laboratories and companies from India and Denmark.
- Renewable energy, water, material science, affordable healthcare, synthetic biology, functional food, and blue economy were identified as potential areas for immediate collaboration.
♦ Capital : Copenhagen.
♦ Currency: Danish Krone.
Cabinet approves MoU on Cooperation in the field of Civil Aviation : India and Germany
On June 27, 2018, The Union Cabinet chaired by the Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi has approved signing of the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) titled Joint Declaration of Intent between India and Germany on Cooperation in the field of Civil Aviation.
- This will lead to promotion of safe, effective and efficient development of air transport between India and Germany.
- It has the potential to spur greater trade, investment, tourism, and cultural exchanges between the two countries.
- This MOU will focus on the following areas: Aviation Safety and Air Traffic Management, Heliports and Helicopter Emergency Medical Services (HEMS), Regulations and Policy, Corporate and Business Aviation Development, Environment & Training and Skills Development.
♦ Capital: Berlin
♦ Currency: Euro
♦ Prime Minister: Angela Markel.
Cabinet apprised of Implementing Arrangement on Cooperation on Maritime Awareness Mission: India and France
On June 27, 2018, The Union Cabinet chaired by the Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi has approved of the Implementing Arrangement (IA) for Pre-formulation Studies of a Maritime Domain Awareness Mission signed between India and France on 10th March 2018.
- It will be devoted to maritime domain awareness, with the objective to provide relevant data and services to both nations and to monitor the maritime traffic and to identify the non-compliant ships at the maximum possible revisit frequency.
- The monitoring system would provide an end to end solution for detection, identification, monitoring of vessels in the regions of interest for India and France.
- Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) and Centre Nationale Dètudes Spatiales (CNES), France will jointly undertake the study.
♦ Capital: Paris
♦ Currency: Euro.
♦ President: Emmanuel Macron.
♦ Prime Minister: Edouard Philippe.
Cabinet apprised of the MoU on cooperation in the fields of Animal Husbandry and Dairying:India and Denmark
On June 27, 2018, The Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi has been apprised of the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) signed between India and Denmark for cooperation in the fields of Animal Husbandry and Dairying. The MoU was signed on 16.4.2018.
- The MoU aims to develop bilateral cooperation in the field of Animal Husbandly and Dairying to strengthen the knowledge base on dairy development and institutional strengthening.
- A Joint Working Group (JWC) consisting of representatives of each party will formulate joint programmes, facilitate cooperation and consultation and subsequent evaluation.
♦ President: Lars Løkke Rasmussen.
Cabinet approved of the MoU on Technical Cooperation in the field of Railways sector: India and Indonesia
On June 27, 2018, The Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi has been apprised of theMemorandum of Understanding (MoU)between India and Indonesia on Technical Cooperation in the field of railways sector.The MoU was signed on 29thMay, 2018.
- The MOU will focus on : Exchange of knowledge & technology, Modernization of rolling stock and railway operation, management and regulations, Development of inter-modal transport, logistics parks and freight terminals.
♦ Capital: Jakarta.
♦ Currency: Indonesian Rupiah.
♦ President: Joko Widodo.
Cabinet approves MoU on cooperation in the field of Healthcare: India and Bahrain
On June 27, 2018, The Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi has approved the signing of a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between India and Bahrain on cooperation in the field of Healthcare.
- A Working Group will be set up to further elaborate the details of cooperation and to oversee the implementation of this MoU.
- The MOU will focus on: Exchange of information including publications and research outcomes, Exchanging visits by governmental officials, academic staff etc, Participating in workshops and training courses, Encouraging health and medical research activities at both the private-sector and the academic level and further mutual cooperation needed.
♦ Capital: Manama.
♦ Currency: Bahraini Dinar.