Operating System Questions – Set 1
Welcome to the Professional Knowledge Section in Affairscloud.com. Here we are providing sample questions in Operating System. It will be useful for the IBPS SO IT officer and SBI Assistant Manager(System). We have also included some important questions that are repeatedly asked in previous exams.
- …… is mainly responsible for allocating the resources as per process requirement?
(C) Operating Systems
- Which of the following plays an important role in modern Operating Systems(OS)?
- FAT stands for
(A) File Allocation Table
(B) File Application Table
(C) First Allocation Table
(D) First Application Table
- BAT refers to…
(A) Executable Files
(B) Batch Files
(C) Boot Files
- ….. occur commonly in multi-tasking when two or more threads waiting for each other.
- In DOS the DIR command is used to…….
(A) Display Information
(B) Display list of files & Sub directories
(C) Delete files
(D) Copy files
- …… is the program which interprets commands given by the user?
- Which of the following is an MS-DOS external command?
- In DOS label command is used to….
(A) Create the label of disk
(B) Change the label of disk
(C) Both (A) & (B)
- NTFS stands for…..
(A) New Technology File System
(B) New Transmission File System
(C) Net Transmission File System