Welcome to Online Computer Quiz in Affairscloud.com. Here we are providing sample questions in Operating System. It will be useful for all SBI/IBPS/LIC exams and other competitive exams. We have also included some important questions that are repeatedly asked in previous exams.
- Which of the following type of software that controls the internal operations in the computer and controls how the computer works with all its parts?
B. Public domain software
C. Application software
D. Operating system
- Specialized programs, designed to allow particular input or output devices to communicate with the rest of the Computer system are called_______
B. device drivers
D. operating systems
- Programs designed to perform specific tasks related to managing computer resources are called ________
A. system Software
B. operating system
C. Application software
D. Utility programs
- The combination of the operating system and the processor is referred to as the computer’s_________
- The ____________, stored on a ROM chip, is responsible for loading the Operating System from its permanent location on the hard drive into RAM.
C. device driver
D. supervisor program
- Which of the following is the correct sequence of actions that takes place during the boot-up process?
A. Load operating system – Activate BIOS – Perform POST – Check configuration settings
B. Activate BIOS – Perform POST – Load operating system – Check configuration settings
C. Perform POST – Load operating system – Activate BIOS – Check configuration settings
D. Activate BIOS – Check configuration settings – Perform POST – Load operating system
- All of the following are steps involved in the boot process EXCEPT:
A. load the operating system into RAM.
B. the power-on self-test.
C. activate the basic input/output system (BIOS).
D. load application programs.
- The Basic Input/Output system (BIOS) is stored in:
C. the CPU.
D. the hard drive.
- Ensuring that the essential peripheral devices are attached and operational is the____________ process.
- All of the following are TRUE regarding virtual memory EXCEPT—
A. any amount of RAM can be allocated to virtual memory.
B. the setting for the amount of hard drive space to allocate to virtual memory can be manually changed.
C. this temporary storage is called the swap file (or page file).
D. virtual memory is physical space on the hard drive.