Welcome to Online English Section with explanation in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating question sample in Word Usage, which is BASED ON SOME NEW PATTERNS which have been asked in many banking exams recently.
Directions : For each of the words below, a contextual usage is provided. Pick the word/phrase from the alternatives that is most the appropriate substitute in the given context and mark its number as your answer.
- Tedious: the work was tedious and physically demanding.
- Ordinance: the president issued a series of ordinances in 1944.
- Relevant: what small companies need is relevant advice.
- Detention : the fifteen people arrested were still in police detention.
- Dismal: The show was a dismal failure
- Enactments : the enactment of equal pay legislation.
- Redundant : many churches have become redundant over the last twenty years.
- Overhaul : the steering box was recently overhauled.
- Provisions: the President condemned the provision of weapons to guerrillas.
- Obsolete : this remarkable aircraft will render all other fighters obsolete.