Current Affairs November 10 2018
We are here for you to provide the important Current Affairs November 10 2018, which have unique updates of all daily events from all newspapers such as The Hindu, The Economic Times, PIB, Times of India, PTI, Indian Express, Business Standard and all Government official websites.
Our complete current affairs helps you to get more marks in Banking, Insurance, SSC, Railways, UPSC,CLAT and all State Exams.
- Current Affairs
- Current Affairs 2018
- Current Affairs Today
- Current Affairs November 2018
- Current Affairs October 2018
- Current Affairs September 2018
- Current Affairs 2018 PDF
Cabinet Approvals on 8th November 2018
- Cabinet approves leasing out 6 airports – Ahmedabad, Jaipur, Lucknow, Guwahati, Thiruvananthapuram and Mangaluru through PPP
- Union Cabinet chaired by the Prime Minister Narendra Modi was apprised of India joining as Member of Advanced Motor Fuels Technology Collaboration Programme (AMF TCP) under International Energy Agency (IEA) on 9th May 2018.
- In principle approval has been given for sale of enemy shares under the Custody of Ministry of Home Affairs/ Custodian of Enemy Property of India (CEPI), as per sub-section 1 of section 8A of the Enemy Property Act, 1968.
- On 8th November 2018, Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi approved the filling of Padur Strategic Petroleum Reserves (SPR) at Padur, Karnataka by overseas National Oil Companies (NOCs).
- Cabinet approves Amendment to the Central Universities Act, 2009 for setting up of Central Tribal University in Andhra Pradesh
- Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs chaired by the Prime Minister Narendra Modi gave in principle approval for strategic disinvestment of 100% Government of India’s shares in Dredging Corporation of India Ltd. (DCIL) to consortium of 4 ports: Vishakhapatnam Port Trust, Paradeep Port Trust, Jawahar Lal Nehru Port Trust and Kandla Port Trust.
- Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA) chaired by the Prime Minister Narendra Modi approved Procurement Quota to M/s ITI Ltd. in procurements made by BSNL, MTNL and BBNL……………………………Click here to Read more
Cabinet Approvals with Foreign Countries on 8th November 2018
- On 8th November 2018, the Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi approved signing and ratifying the Extradition Agreement between India and Morocco.
- Cabinet approves Agreement between India and Morocco on Mutual Legal Assistance in Civil and Commercial Matters
- Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi approved the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between India and Italy for training and education in the fields of Labour and Employment…………………..Click here to Read more
Manipur Government signs MoU for smart city project
On 6th November 2018, a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) was signed between Manipur government and IL&FS Township and Urban Assets Limited and Pricewaterhouse Coopers Pvt. Ltd. for implementation of Smart City Project in Imphal.
i. According to the MoU, the companies will design, develop, manage and implement Smart City Projects under the Smart City Mission in Imphal. The project will be finished within 3 years.
ii. During signing of the MOU, Manipur Government was represented by Municipal Administration, Housing and Urban Development (MAHUD) Department Director Th. Harikumar and IL&FS Township and Urban Assets Limited by its Head-Urban Project (East and North-East) Chandana Roychowdhury.
Bihar approves funds worth Rs 25000 for graduate girls
On 8th November 2018, Bihar government approved a proposal to offer Rs 25,000 to every girl graduating in 2018 and onwards.
i. This decision was made at the Cabinet meeting chaired by Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar.
ii. The one-time payment will be offered to every girl who graduated from the colleges of Bihar on or after April 25, 2018, irrespective of pass division, community or region.
iii. Bihar Cabinet has allotted Rs 300 crore for disbursal of this payment to an estimated 1,20,000 girls about clear graduation course this year.
iv. This scheme is a part of a larger government scheme that aims to pay each girl Rs 54000 including payments made to her from birth to graduation.
Some wildlife sanctuaries in Bihar:
♦ Bhimbandh Wildlife Sanctuary
♦ Kaimur Wildlife Sanctuary
♦ Udaypur Wildlife Sanctuary
Kerala govt scheme to provide free education to Ockhi-hit kids
On Nov.8 2018 The Kerala government has commenced a scheme to offer free education and vocational training to the children of fishermen who died or went missing in the 2017 Ockhi cyclonic storm.
Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan announced that government would allocate Rs 13.92 crore from the Chief Minister’s Disaster Relief Fund.
Benefits of the scheme:-
i. It expects that 194 students, which includes children at all levels, from lower primary to professional colleges, have been identified as beneficiaries.
ii. The scheme provide a package of:-
- Rs 10,000 per year for children in classes from LKG to Class V,
- Rs 25,000 for children in classes 6 to 10,
- Rs 30,000 for higher secondary students and up to Rs 1,00,000 for students doing graduation.
iii.This Project will continue till 2037.
About Kerala and Ockhi storm
♦ Ockhi cyclonic storm was a Category three level tropical cyclone that had hit the shores of Kerala in November 2017.
♦ Capital – Thiruvananthapuram
♦ Governor – P. Sathasivam
♦ Language – Malayalam
BANKING & FINANCE
Centre to infuse Rs 3,054 cr as capital in Allahabad Bank
On Nov.9 2018 According to a notification to the National Stock Exchange , Allahabad bank has informed that Rs.3,054 crore was infused by centre as an investment during the current financial year 2018-19.
i. The bank’s capital adequacy ratio as per Basel-III stood at 6.88 per cent as on June 30, 2018. The government owned a 71.81 per cent stake in Allahabad Bank at the end of first quarter of FY19.
ii. The public sector bank reported a net loss of Rs 1,944.37 crore for the first quarter this fiscal against a net profit of Rs 28.84 crore, during the same period last fiscal as the lender saw a 29 per cent fall in its operating profit and a 53.6 per cent rise in provisions to cover sticky loans.
About Allahabad Bank
♦ Headquarters – Kolkata, India
♦ CEO & MD – S. S. Mallikarjuna Rao
♦ Tagline – A tradition of trust
AWARDS & RECOGNITION
Centre awards Assam Police for “good practices” under CCTNS
On 30th October 2018, Union government awarded the Assam Police for “good practices” under the Crime and Criminal Tracking Network & Systems (CCTNS), an e-governance project.
i. The award was presented at the 2-day conference on “CCTNS–Good practices and Success Stories” organised by the National Crime Record Bureau (NCRB) in New Delhi.
ii. Ministry of Home Affairs also awarded Anil Kumar Jha, Special Director General (CID) of the force, for his outstanding contribution in implementing the project.
iii. The award has been given for citizen centric service delivery. Assam police has automated passport verification and Permanent Residential Certificate (PRC) services using the online CCTNS.
iv. Under the CCTNS, a mobile application was launched recently for ease of availability of services to the citizens.
v. Assam Police had launched a Citizen Portal on January 1, 2016 that offers 10 types of services for the people.
Some National Parks in Assam:
♦ Dibru-Saikhowa National Park
♦ Kaziranga National Park
♦ Manas National Park
APPOINTMENTS & RESIGNS
Lok Sabha Secy Gen Snehlata Shrivastava gets one-year extension
On November 8 2018 Speaker Sumitra Mahajan extended tenure of Snehlata Shrivastava, the first woman Secretary General of the Lok Sabha for one year from December 1, 2018 up to November 30, 2019.She was scheduled to retire on November 30 2018.
i. She had various experiences by served as Secretary in the Ministry of Law and Justice and as Special/Additional Secretary in the Ministry of Finance.
ii. She was also handled senior positions in the Madhya Pradesh government, including Principal Secretary in the departments of Culture and Parliamentary Affairs.
SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY
Bug covered ‘bionic mushroom’ generates clean energy
i. US scientists have tested an idea of producing electricity from a mushroom covered in bacteria. The scientists used 3D printing to attach clusters of energy-producing bugs to the cap of a button mushroom.
ii. The fungus provided the ideal environment to allow the cyanobacteria to generate a small amount of power.The authors say their fossil-free “bionic mushroom” could have great potential.
34th National Junior Athletics Championships 2018 in Ranchi
From 2nd to 5th November 2018, 34th National Junior Athletics Championships 2018 was held at the Birsa Munda Athletics Stadium in Ranchi, Jharkhand.
i. It was organized by Jharkhand Athletics Association under the guidance of Athletics Federation of India (AFI). This is an Annual Athletics event of AFI.
ii. Over 2000 athletes from various parts of India took part in the championship.
iii. The National records include:
|Parveen Kumar||U-20 Boys 10km Racewalk||42:41:68 seconds|
|Amit||U-18 Boys 5-km Racewalk||21:17:63 seconds|
|Akashdeep Singh||U-20 Boys 10000m Racewalk||40.47.78 seconds|
|Pawana Nagraj||U-14 Girls High Jump||1.63m|
|Pranjali Patil||U-16 Girls 100m Hurdles||14.36 seconds|
|Abhinash Kumar||U-14 Boys Long Jump||6.84m|
|Aparna Roy||U-18 Girls 100m Hurdles||13.76 seconds|
|Saurabh Rathi||U-18 Boys Decathlon||6955 points|
|Shaili Singh||U-16 Girls Long Jump||5.94m|
|Jasmine Kaur||U-16 Girls Shot Put||14.27m|
|Nitesh Poonia||U-18 Boys Hammer Throw||81.47m|
|Danish Makwana||U-14 Boys Shot Put||18.03m|
BOOKS & AUTHORS
Ex-Minister Ramanath Rai releases book ‘Arivu’ on Mouth Cancer by Dr.Murali Mohan Chunthar
i. November 7 is observed as National Cancer Awareness Day in India each year.On same day Dr. Murali Mohan Chunthar has written a book named “Arivu” and released in Mangaluru.This book explains about Mouth Cancer and prevention of the disease.
ii. He was a dental surgeon and also DK Home Guard Commandant.He is bringing awareness of mouth cancer and seriousness about eating tobacco,smoking etc by his book.
World legal service day-Nov 9
Legal Services Day is celebrated every year on 9th of November. The aim of celebrating the Legal Services Day is to offer the free of charge, proficient and legal services to the people of weaker sections of society.
When and purpose of the day:-
Legal service day was formed by NALSA which stands for National Legal Services Authority. This day was first started by the Supreme Court in the year 1995 all across the India to offer help and support to the weaker and poor group of sections of people which may be women, disabled persons, Scheduled Tribes, children, Scheduled Castes, human trafficking victims as well as natural calamities victims.