Current Affairs Quiz – August 11 2017
AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily current affairs quiz August 11,2017 to achieve more marks in Banking , insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT ,railway and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
Click Here to Read Current Affairs August 11 2017
- The bill was passed on10th August 2017 in Lok Sabha for giving effect to the merger of five associate banks with the parent State Bank of India (SBI).Find out the name of a bill from below.
1.State Banks (Merger and Acquisition) Bill 2017
2.State Banks (Repeal and Amendment) Bill 2017
3.State Banks (Subsidiary Merger) Bill 2017
4.State Banks (Subsidiary Closure) Bill 2017
5.State Banks (Single Entity) Bill 2017
- As per Economic Survey 2016-17 Volume II, tabled in Parliament by Finance Minister Arun Jaitley on August 11, 2017, meeting the upper end of the ______ per cent GDP growth forecast for 2017-18 will be a challenge.
1.6.75-7.5 per cent
2.6.25-7.5 per cent
3.6.00-7.5 per cent
4.6.75-7.75 per cent
5.6.75-7.25 per cent
- On August 9, 2017, in which state the Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion (DIPP) under Ministry of Commerce & Industry has approved two projects for development of industrial clusters?
- Sriram Sagar project, which was in news recently, is located in which state?
- Government has fixed an ambitious target of installing ______ Giga watt (GW) wind power capacity in the country by 2022.
1.60 giga watt (GW)
2.65 giga watt (GW)
3.70 giga watt (GW)
4.75 giga watt (GW)
5.80 giga watt (GW)
- Delhi Assembly has recently passed a bill to grant university status to which institute?
1.Mahatma Gandhi Institute of Technology
2.Netaji Subhash Institute of Technology
3.Jawaharlal Nehru Institute of Technology
4.Bhagat Singh Institute of Technology
5.Azad Institute of Technology
- Where was the 15th Bay of Bengal Initiative for Multi-Sectoral Technical and Economic Cooperation (BIMSTEC) Ministerial Meeting was held on August 11, 2017?
5.Colombo, Sri Lanka
- Which among the following Central Bank has said it would not change the way its new plastic banknotes are made, despite concerns among some vegetarians and religious groups about trace amounts of animal fat used in their production?
1.Bank of Russia
2.Eurpean Central Bank
3.Reserve Bank of Australia
4.Bank of England
5.Bank of Japan
- This year, Reserve Bank of India (RBI) will be transferring how much amount to Central Government as dividend?
1.Rs 30,659 crore
2.Rs 40,659 crore
3.Rs 50,659 crore
4.Rs 60,659 crore
5.Rs 70,659 crore
- Markets regulator SEBI has entered into a pact with its counterpart of which country for mutual cooperation and technical assistance?
- Which among the following has received markets regulator Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI)’s approval to launch country’s first gold options contract?
1.National Stock Exchange
2.Bombay Stock Exchange
3.Multi Commodity Exchange
4.National Commodity & Derivatives Exchange
5.United Stock Exchange of India
- Which among the following company will monitor the growth of the MSMEs in Odisha after imparting training to them in next one year?
- Which oil company bought 1.9 million barrels of U.S. crude in its second import tender making it the first Indian refiner to purchase Eagle Ford shale oil?
- Oxford University Press (OUP) has launched online dictionaries in _____ and _____ as part of its special focus on Indian languages
1.Tamil and Bengali
2.Tamil and Gujarati
3.Bengali and Gujarati
4.Punjabi and Gujarati
5.Tamil and Punjabi
- Which of the following entity has launched a dedicated platform for trade and exchange of digital currencies such as bitcoin, litecoin, ether, Lisk, monero, dash and game credits ?
- Who has been accredited as the next Ambassador of India to the Republic of San Marino, with residence in Rome?
- Which professional football club of Spain, has won the 2017 UEFA Super Cup football tournament?
- Name the first Indian who qualified for the final round of the javelin throw World Championships?
2.Davinder Singh Kang
- Indian Football team dropped to _____ spot in latest FIFA rankings released on August 10, 2017.
- Vijay Nambisan, who passed away on August 10, 2017, was a:
4.Poet and Writer
5.Former Union Minister