Current Affairs Quiz: February 8 2018
AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily current affairs February 8 Quiz 2018 to achieve more marks in Banking , Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT , Railway and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- On February 7, 2018, Union Cabinet chaired by the Prime Minister Narendra Modi approved the proposal for ratification of Minamata Convention. This convention is related to which of the following?
1. Global Warming
5. All the above
- To create international perspective among the Indian Youth, the government had signed an MoU with which country for next 5 years?
- Union Defence Minister Nirmala Sitharaman has formed Raksha Mantri’s Advisory Committee on Ministry of Defence (MoD) Capital Projects (RMCOMP) to monitor and expedite capital acquisition projects for modernisation of armed forces. How many members are there in this committee?
- Which is the first railway zone in India to achieve 100 % LED lighting at every station under its jurisdiction?
1. East Coast Railway
2. East Central Railway
3. South Central Railway
4. North Eastern Railway
5. Metro Railway
- Which state had appointed a committee that has analysed and submitted a report on separate flag for the state, suggesting an official three-coloured flag to replace an unofficial two-coloured flag currently in use?
- On which National Highway, the National Highways Authority of India (NHAI) has planned to launch a pilot project, to analyse the feasibility of “Pay as you use” tolling system in India?
1. Delhi Mumbai National Highway (NH8)
2. Srinagar Kanniyakumari National Highway (NH44)
3. Delhi Chennai National Highway (NH48)
4. Assam Arunachal Pradesh National Highway (NH15)
5. Jaipur Agra National Highway (NH21)
- Which country launched a 10-million-dollar Development Impact Bond (DIB) with an objective to help improve education for over 200000 children in India?
- What are the two Indian institutions to feature among Top 50 educational institutes of Asia in TIMES Higher Education (THE) World University Ranking’s?
1. Indian Institute of Science (IISc) and IIT Bombay
2. Indian Institute of Science (IISc) and IIT Delhi
3. Indian Institute of Science (IISc) and IIT Kharagpur
4. Indian Institute of Science (IISc) and IIT Kanpur
5. Indian Institute of Science (IISc) and IIT Madras
- Which is the first country in the world to legalise and then repeal same-sex marriage, as Legislation replacing same-sex marriage with domestic partnerships?
- What is India’s rank in the international Intellectual Property (IP) index released by the US Chambers of Commerce?
- From April 1, 2018, Reserve Bank of India (RBI) will link the ___________, for the loans given by banks to the Marginal Cost of Funds based Lending Rates (MCLR)?
1. Repo Rate
2. Base Rate
3. Call Rate
4. Marginal Standing Facility
5. Bank Rate
- Which Bank launched its new Sonic Identity – MOGO, a musical logo, as a part of branding initiatives taken by the bank?
1. Yes Bank
2. SBI Bank
3. Indian Bank
4. IndusInd Bank
5. Axis Bank
- Who was appointed the Assistant Chief of Naval Staff (Air) at New Delhi?
1. Rear Admiral S K Grewel
2. Rear Admiral Mukul Asthana
3. Rear Admiral Monty Khanna
4. Rear Admiral Sandeep Beecha
5. Rear Admiral Amit Bose
- Who was re-elected as the Bangladesh President for another five-year term?
1. Mohammad Shafiul Alam
2. M. Morshed Khan
3. Aminul Haqu
4. Saifur Rahman
5. Abdul Hamid
- Who was appointed the Managing Director and CEO of SBI Card?
1. Mustafa Jabbar
2. Hardayal Prasad
3. Sundar Prabhu
4. Kazi Keramat
5. Tajuddin Ahmad
- Who became the first Indian female cricketer to score 200 ODI (One Day International) wickets?
1. Runa Basu
2. Smriti Mandhana
3. Jhulan Goswami
4. Diana Edulji
5. Anjali Sharma
- Who is the former president of BJP Arunachal Pradesh unit, died after a long-time illness, at a hospital in Guwahati, Assam?
1. Kangir Jamoh
2. Dilip Kumar
3. Girish Pawan
4. Hitendra Nath Swami
5. Ajith Kumar
- Madavoor Vasudevan Nair recently passed away. Who was he?
1. Koodiyatam Artist
2. Oppana Artist
3. Kathakali Artist
4. Kummi Artist
5. Mohiniyattam Artist
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- Which is the capital city of Tunisia?
- Hilltop Kamakhya Temple is in which state?
- Who is the chairman of Paytm?
- In which state, Chimmony Wildlife Sanctuary is located?
- Who is the Chief of the Naval Staff (CNS)?
- Who is the CEO of IndusInd Bank?