Current Affairs Quiz: January 31 2018
AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily current affairs January 31 Quiz 2018 to achieve more marks in Banking , Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT , Railway and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- How many crore fund was allocated by the Bihar cabinet for Bihar Mahadalit Vikas Mission, which formulates and implements schemes for the most backward sections among the Scheduled Castes?
1. Rs 75 crore
2. Rs 90 crore
3. Rs 95 crore
4. Rs 100 crore
5. Rs 105 crore
- Which State Cabinet launched ‘Mukhya Mantri Awas Yojna Grameen’, a new scheme to construct houses in rural areas?
2. Uttar Pradesh
- Which state cabinet approved the introduction of Asmita (dignity), a scheme to provide sanitary pads to 7 lakh girls in government schools for Rs 5 a pack?
- India holds which position on the Economist Intelligence Unit’s (EIU) Global Democracy Index 2017?
- On 30th January 2018, which country lifted its ban on refugees from 11 “high-risk” countries?
2. United States
- Which country hosted the Syrian National Dialogue Congress 2018?
5. South Africa
- Indian Government signed USD 250 million loan agreement with which International Financial Institution for the construction of all-weather roads in five Indian states under Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojana?
1. Asian Development Bank
2. World Bank
3. Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank
4. New Development Bank
5. OPEC Fund for International Development
- Name the bank which has initiated a pilot scheme of credit cards for farmers?
1. Yes Bank
2. City Union Bank
3. State Bank of India
4. Punjab National Bank
5. Canara Bank
- Prime Minister appointed a high-level committee to look into the procedures for sharing of infrastructure for utilities like water pipes and telecom cables. This committee will be headed by which Union Minister?
1. Telecom Minister – Manoj Sinha
2. Environment Minister – Harsh Vardhan
3. Railway and Coal Minister – Piyush Goyal
4. Road Transport & Highway Minister – Nitin Gadkari
5. Power Minister – R K Singh
- Indian Government signed a $100 million loan agreement with which International Financial Institution to promote rural economy in across 26 districts of Tamil Nadu (TN)?
1. Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank
2. International Monetary Fund
3. African Development Bank
4. Bank of International Settlements
5. World Bank
- Rewa Ultra Mega Solar Limited (RUMSL) and the World Bank signed USD 30 million loan agreement to develop _____________ in Rewa and Mandsaur in Madhya Pradesh?
1. Growth and Prosperity
2. Solar Power Plants
3. Inadequate infrastructure
4. Pollution free Environment
5. All the above
- Who assumed charge as the new Director General of Military Operations (DGMO) of the Indian Army?
1. Lt. Gen Amit Sharma
2. Lt. Gen Bimal Verma
3. Lt. Gen P.P. Reddy
4. Lt. Gen Anil Chauhan
5. Lt. Gen Rajiv Kumar
- Who was appointed the Chief Secretary of Telangana?
1. Dinesh Kumar
2. Shailendra Kumar Joshi
3. Shakuntala Gamlin
4. Vinod Kumar
5. Anjani Kumar
- Which state won the Geospatial World Excellence Award-2018 at the Geospatial World Forum Meeting, in Hyderabad?
1. Andhra Pradesh
- Name the Bengali Actor who received the Legion of Honour, the highest French civilian award.
1. Soumitra Chatterjee
2. Pradeep Kumar
3. Santu Mukhopadhya
4. Ankush Hazra
5. Biplab Chatterjee
- Which Indian Armed Force launched the 3rd Scorpene class submarine Karanj in Mumbai?
1. Indian Army
2. Indian Coastal Guard
3. Indian Navy
4. Indian Air Force
5. Assam Rifles
- Name the e-marketplace portal launched by the Government which will provide standardised and improved catalogue management, powerful search engine, demand aggregation, user rating and analytics?
1. GeM 1.0
2. GeM 2.0
3. GeM 3.0
4. GeM 4.0
5. GeM 5.0
- Who won the National men’s singles title for the eighth time at the 11Even Sports Senior Table Tennis Nationals, in Ranchi, Jharkhand?
1. Prannoy H. S
2. Sharath Kamal
3. K Srikanth
4. Prakash Padukone
5. Pullela Gopichand
- Name the world’s oldest man who passed away recently in his 113th age.
1. Jack Lokett
2. James Sisnett
3. Joan Deroover
4. Swami Sivananda
5. Francisco Nunez Olivera
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- Who is the Present Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh?
- Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Museum of Indian History is in which state?
- What is the capital of Syria?
- Where is the headquarters of Asian Development Bank located?
- In which year, State Bank of India was renamed?
- Who is the minister in charge of the Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises?