Current Affairs Quiz: March 8 2018
AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily current affairs March 8 2018 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking , Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT , Railway and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- With the recommendations of the 7th Central Pay Commission, The Union Cabinet has approved to release an additional instalment of Dearness Allowance (DA) to Central Government employees and Dearness Relief (DR) to pensioners with effect from 01.01.2018. What is the increased percentage?
- In which city of Haryana the first cyber police station was inaugurated?
- On 8th March 2018, Ananthkumar, Union Minister for Chemicals & Fertilizers and Parliamentary Affairs, announced the launch of ‘Suvidha’, the 100% Oxo-biodegradable Sanitary Pad. This pad will be offered for Rs.___ per pad?
- R K Singh, Union Minister of State (IC) Power and New & Renewable Energy, launched the National E-Mobility Programme in India. EESL will procure electric vehicles in huge numbers. For an electric car, the per kilometer cost is _______?
1. 95 paisa
2. 90 paisa
3. 85 paisa
4. 80 paisa
5. 75 paisa
- Which Indian city has ranked 16th in the top 20 costliest cities in the world list, as per the Knight Frank Wealth Report 2018?
- RBI (Reserve Bank of India) has imposed a penalty of Rs 40 lakh on which Bank, as the bank failed to comply with RBI’s directions on detection and impounding of counterfeit notes?
1. PNB bank
2. IDBI bank
3. HDFC bank
4. SBI bank
5. Canara bank
- India-China bilateral trade has reached $_______ in 2017, in spite of bilateral tensions like the Doklam issue?
1. $70.44 billion
2. $78.44 billion
3. $80.44 billion
4. $82.44 billion
5. $84.44 billion
- Neewee and EFLIGHT, two start-ups accelerated at Airbus Bizlab India, inked their first contracts with Airbus and subsidiary NAVBLUE to implement their unique innovative ideas in __________?
1. Share Markets
3. Greenhouse Warming
4. Ozone Depletion
- What is the penalty amount imposed by Competition Commission of India (CCI) on Jet Airways, SpiceJet and IndiGo for unfair business practices related to fixing fuel surcharge on cargo transport?
1. Rs 390 million
2. Rs 400 million
3. Rs 430 million
4. Rs 500 million
5. Rs 540 million
- Who was appointed the official ambassador for Britain’s Industrial Cadets programme designed to nurture manufacturing skills?
1. Sanjeev Gupta
2. Nari Gandhi
3. Hafeez Pandala
4. B V Doshi
5. Raj Rewal
- Who was appointed the next Ambassador of India to Lebanon?
1. Chitra Vishwanath
2. Shimul Javeri
3. Ravi Thapar
4. Eugene Pandala
5. Nengcha L. Mukhopadhaya
- Name the Indian Architect who won the architecture’s highest honour – the Pritzker Prize 2018 for the first time?
1. Charles Correa
2. Laurie Baker
3. Raj Rewal
4. Rahul Mehrota
5. Balkrishna Vithaldas Doshi
- Who has become the first woman to be directly inducted as combat officer into the ITBP (Indo-Tibetan Border Police)?
- An international team of scientists have provided the first proof of an exotic new state of matter, known as “Rydberg polarons”. Name the University which worked on this “Rydberg polarons?”
1. Vienna University of Technology in Austria
2. Harvard University in Massachusetts
3. Rice University in Texas
4. All the above
5. None of these
- Shivaji Dasgupta recently passed away. Who was he?
- When is International Women’s Day (IWD) celebrated?
1. March 5
2. March 6
3. March 7
4. March 8
5. March 9
- World Kidney Day is celebrated annually throughout the world on the _____________?
1. First Thursday of March
2. Second Thursday of March
3. First Tuesday of March
4. Second Tuesday of March
5. First Wednesday of March
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- Where is the headquarters of Competition Commission of India (CCI) located?
- EESL (Energy Efficiency Services Limited) functions under which Ministry?
- Which is the capital city of Libya?
- YONO (You Only Need One) is an integrated banking platform offered by which bank?
- Indira Gandhi Wildlife Sanctuary is in which state?