How to Solve Direction Sense Test – Verbal Reasoning Solution
We keep track of direction is primarily based on the sun or the Pole Star. We know that the sun rises in the east and sets in the west, so there is four major directions that we prepared based on positioning of the sun, which is South, East, North and West and four sub directions are North-East, South-East, North-West and South-West.
Direction Sense Test
The main aim of this type of examination is to test the candidate’s knowledge of direction and ability to trace and follow or we can say sense the path or direction. Now In this type of direction sense test problems, what we have to do is to make a diagram as quickly as possible on a paper as per the question given. The direction sense test problems involves a person moving in the given directions and the candidate is asked to find out the distance from the initial point or direction in which the person in the question is standing etc.
For example you are given a question like this:
Question: Mohan starts to walk towards east from his home and traveled 15meters. He then takes a left turn and walked 10m. again he takes a right turn and walked 07m finally he takes a right turn and walks 10m and takes his destination. So how far is he from his starting position and which direction is he facing?
And the options are:
22 meters west
22 meters east
22 meters south-west
22 meters north-east
Solution: For solving the question, you might take to draw a diagram on paper. For example consider 2cm as a 5m, You have to think that you are travelling the distance. The most important thing to care about is ‘in which direction the person starts’. So read the question very carefully first and then start as the given points of solution are below:
In the question above the person Mohan starts walking in east direction as given.
- Mohan starts to walk towards east and walk 15 meters, Make a line going straight up as given below and mark it 15m. think yourself as you have traveled 15m in the east direction.
- Now as per the question, Mohan takes a left turn and walks 10m. so move your line to 10m in left direction as shown below.
- Again Mohan takes a right turn and walks 07m. so again move your line to 07m right as given below in the diagram.
- At last he takes a right turn and walks 10m. so again move your line to 10m right as given below diagram.
- Finally with the help of last diagram, you can easily find out which direction Mohan is facing.
Answer: So Mohan is 15+07 = 22 meters far from his home and direction he is facing is east.
I Hope article proves helpful for you 🙂