Welcome to Online English Section with explanation in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating question sample in Fill in the blanks, which is BASED ON IBPS PO/CLERK/LIC AAO/RRB & SSC CGL EXAM and other competitive exams.
- Airing his views at a recent rally, the pracharak likened beef to tobacco, in that both were__________.
- That neither of the candidates made it to the White House could testify to the alleged___________of the animal protein in question, which is patently parlous even to chew the fat over.
1) sanitary2) toxicity
4) inadvertence5) disdain
- A____________which skeptics might abbreviate not as PS but as pure and unadulterated BS.
2) disarmed3) negligence
- If such a law comes into force there should no prizes for guessing which community will be targeted most, although anyone can potentially be____________by authorities.
2) naive3) omitting
- India has for thousands of years___________and worshipped all natural resources, flora and fauna.
- Being a very large and herbivorous animal it needs vast areas to roam: constantly browsing,___________, moving from place to place in search of food and water with the changing seasons.
1) abetment2) compensation
- The law, incidentally, also overturned a basic axiom of Indian jurisprudence: that everyone is____________innocent until proven guilty.
2) furtherance3) omission
- We can accuse the British for our poverty, our bureaucracy, our cumbersome laws, our rote learning, and so on, but such charges are time____________.
3) boost4) oblivion
- When we allow memories to condition our thinking, we lose the capacity for self-examination and____________so essential for progress.
4) bewilderment5) crudeness
- In the 1950s, most of the policies our Constitution enacted were to____________those aspects of our tradition that had made us weak.
1) illiteracy2) soothe