English Questions – Fill in the Blanks Set 112 (SSC CGL)
Welcome to Online English Section with explanation in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating question sample in Fill in the blanks, which is BASED ON IBPS PO/CLERK/LIC AAO/RRB & SSC CGL EXAM and other competitive exams.
- Airing his views at a recent rally, the pracharak likened beef to tobacco, in that both were__________.
- That neither of the candidates made it to the White House could testify to the alleged___________of the animal protein in question, which is patently parlous even to chew the fat over.
1) sanitary2) toxicity
4) inadvertence5) disdain
- A____________which skeptics might abbreviate not as PS but as pure and unadulterated BS.
2) disarmed3) negligence
- If such a law comes into force there should no prizes for guessing which community will be targeted most, although anyone can potentially be____________by authorities.
2) naive3) omitting
- India has for thousands of years___________and worshipped all natural resources, flora and fauna.
- Being a very large and herbivorous animal it needs vast areas to roam: constantly browsing,___________, moving from place to place in search of food and water with the changing seasons.
1) abetment2) compensation
- The law, incidentally, also overturned a basic axiom of Indian jurisprudence: that everyone is____________innocent until proven guilty.
2) furtherance3) omission
- We can accuse the British for our poverty, our bureaucracy, our cumbersome laws, our rote learning, and so on, but such charges are time____________.
3) boost4) oblivion
- When we allow memories to condition our thinking, we lose the capacity for self-examination and____________so essential for progress.
4) bewilderment5) crudeness
- In the 1950s, most of the policies our Constitution enacted were to____________those aspects of our tradition that had made us weak.
1) illiteracy2) soothe