Welcome to Online English Section with explanation in Affairs Cloud.com. Here we are creating question sample in sentence completion, which is BASED ON THE NEW PATTERN OF IBPS PO/CLERK/LIC AAO/RRB exams !!!
- The Indian embassy is in regular touch with concerned authorities in India and all options are being considered______________.
1) is witnessing escalated violence due to clashes between anti and pro government forces
2) of gun fire and fighting on the streets of Juba making any movement virtually impossible
3) is witnessing heavy fighting due to clashes between former rebels and government soldiers in several parts of the city
4) to keep calm and await further development and further inputs from the embassy
5) for providing relief to Indians stranded here in Juba.
- _______________the mutual funds industry is confident of attracting new investors and hopes to benefit from the macro-changes post-demonetisation, said a leading industry player.
1) people understand that they would get better yield from the mutual funds industry
2) Volatility in the equity markets notwithstanding,
3) It is not possible for an industry like ours to grow indefinitely in a linear fashion
4) The SIPs have been steady, providing an underpinning to the flow of equity
5) be it debt or equity than in a savings bank account or fixed deposit account
- Admitting that there was a change in the conviction of domestic investors on the economic transformation after the 2014 parliamentary elections, the UTI Mutual Funds top executive said it (conviction) continued_______________.
1) We have seen how redemptions have been quite low,
2) is rate cycle which allowed for gains for the holders of debt funds,” pointed out Puri
3) as people have held their faith in the story of economic transformation
4) to be intact despite global volatility
5) the domestic investors had shown resilience in the face of the global scenario inducing volatility
- Seventy years in the life of a country is a reasonable time to reap results of the ideas expressed by stalwarts of independence struggle in the Constituent Assembly_______________.
1) We have achieved a lot. But, the caste system continues to torment the country
2) Irrespective of their ideology, political parties that alone would signal that India has become a caste-less society
3) have failed to chalk out a strategy to put an expiry date on the system of reservation
4) which got concretised in the Constitution
5) Caste continues to be the sole identification factor for backwardness
- After the expiry of a decade, this provision gets renewed for another 10 years to perpetuate reservation through politics. Probably this is the reason why we see there is a race among affluent communities_______________.
1) to get branded as backward
2) it provided for reservation of seats for the SCs and STs in the legislature for 10 years
3) to get reservation in government jobs and admission to state-run educational institutions
4) economically backward classes on the basis of caste hierarchy
5) to the fundamental right to equal opportunity
- India has many eloquently vocal social scientists. It is time for them to sit with the political class and evolve a policy mechanism that would bring about a caste-less egalitarian society________________.
1) Caste has remained the identifying tool to determine backwardness
2) No scientific study has been undertaken to identify backward class
3) where equal opportunity would be an unqualified fundamental right
4) Those who were not considered backward in 1991 Jats and Patels are now demanding reservation
5) Class had lost its meaning
- SC said that relationship between man and God is individual choice; and the State____________.
1) is forbidden to interfere in such an activity
2) the issue of whether appealing for votes in the name of religion amounted to corrupt practice under India’s election laws
3) It then referred the issue to a Constitution bench
4) whether the use of terms such as Hindutva or Hinduism per se would amount to such practice
5) where religion is expected to play a big role in canvassing for votes
- With practised smoothness, the PM also passed on to banks the burden of bringing normalcy back, in terms of the ability to withdraw cash from bank branches and ATMs — after all, the government has done_______________.
1) the PM’s ‘handouts’ will test fiscal discipline
2) the job of directing the banks to do so
3) If the already strained finances of the banks are not to fray further
4) the government has to provide them with budget subventions
5) the economy absorbs the financial shock of cash being sucked out of the cash-dependent economy
- As far as New Year bounties go, this is a bounty. At the same time, the speech did not claim final success for the cleansing ritual launched on November 8, as the prime minister chose to describe demonetisation. But that’s all right________________.
1) a number of relief and welfare measures for different sections of the populace
2) any transfer of a bounty from demonetisation to Jan Dhan accounts, as many had predicted
3) PM has placed a huge burden on banks
4) notable as much for what it said as for what it did not
5) This is no competition
- The Constituent Assembly did not envisage this as a fall out of Article 16(4) that carved out an exception .The exception has now been perpetuated by the political class as vigorously as_________________.
1) we achieved the goal of an egalitarian society
2) Ruling political parties neither had the will nor the resolve to do so
3) for determining backwardness under three major heads — social, economic and educational
4) the caste-system was ruthlessly enforced in the dark ages
5) have spilled on to the roads in Haryana and Gujarat demanding backward status