Welcome to Online English Section with explanation in Affairs Cloud.com. Here we are creating question sample in sentence completion, which is BASED ON THE IBPS PO/CLERK/LIC AAO/RRB exams !!!
It has been a fortnight of relentless terrorist attacks, targeting children and senior citizens, ordinary people from Baghdad to Kabul to London to Manchester. It is time for the global community to work together to fight back. It is a common war.________________________. It also requires countries like India, Germany, France and Britain to push back on Washington to go after all governments that support and fund terror, and not play favourites.
1) US President Donald Trump has done great harm to the global effort on terror by holding Tehran solely responsible for funding and shielding terrorists
2) The terror attacks this past fortnight, like most before, are carried out by the Islamic State (IS) and al-Qaeda
3) That means confronting governments that provide support and finance to terror outfits
4) There is evidence that Pakistan is providing safe haven for terrorists
5) There is intelligence evidence that Saudi Arabia has been funding IS affiliates in countries like Yemen
Sebi’s move to propose tighter rules for participatory notes (P-notes) to enhance transparency with regard to the identity of those investing in Indian stocks makes sense.The new rules include levying a regulatory fee on issuers of P-notes offshore derivative instruments (ODIs) that allow investors to bet on India without registration and prohibiting these instruments from being issued against derivatives for speculation. Concerns that P-notes________________________.
1) the automatic exchange of tax information, India will benefit with standardised and interlinked registries
2) The regulator should also be watchful that rules to curb volatility don’t stifle the overall derivatives market
3) the norms for direct participation of overseas investors in the stock market, too, have been greatly simplified
4) to wind down these products unless they were taken for hedging purposes, providing a needed window to wind down positions
5) could be a possible conduit for illegal funds in the capital market aren’t misplaced
Yes, startups fail. Large corporations fail, everywhere in the world. It seems we are so obsessed with the hugely successful consumer Internet companies across the world that we have forgotten the ten others that failed — that had mostly the same user proposition and business model as the one that is worth hundreds of billions of dollars today.In the US, the dotcom bust of 2000 served as an education in business models,________________________.
1) venture funding into consumer Internet startups and the mega financing rounds into some of the unicorns
2) rational valuations and a check against irrationality in the future
3) But it is not as if there aren’t mistakes made in India
4) consumer market is deep and broad enough to sustain not one or two but many startups with the same value proposition
5) It might not be winner-takes-all, but a duopoly-like situation certainly exists
The Goods and Services Tax Network (GSTN) is reportedly unable to get the electronic way bill, meant to track intra-state and inter-state movement of goods, as rules have not yet been finalised.________________________portal of GSTN, the nodal body to which all producers and suppliers of goods and services will file their tax payments.
1) that startups are facing is to recognise the real size of the market
2) and stop the bleeding as early as possible
3) the confidence of investors who allocate capital to venture funding in India
4) rather than the depth and capacity of the economy itself
5) Rules must be clear for an e-way bill to be generated on the
What do you say to a man who does not believe in documented scientific facts? Who does not believe that Arctic ice sheets are shrinking, summers are getting harsher and winters more extreme. Who sees a Chinese conspiracy in it all. Who stood in the Rose Garden of the White House on Thursday and told Civilisation to take a walk.The world watched in horror as US President Donald Trump pulled out of a ________________________.
1) carefully negotiated Paris Agreement on climate change with immediate effect
2) Kick the can down the road — with tens of millions of dollars down the drain
3) This happened in services, grocery, food and many other segments. Investors are either unwilling
4) to book losses and move on, or are hopeful of exit events on the way so that it becomes someone else’s problem
5) from seed to series A to series B and beyond compared to elsewhere in the world
There is a big difference, of course, between the Kerala action and Gandhi’s. The Kerala activists killed to make a political point, but Gandhi’s action was compassionate. The calf was sick and in pain; it had broken its leg, developed sores all over its body and the veterinarian had given up hope. “The suffering of the animal was so great that it________________________,” he wrote in an account of the incident.
1) Interactive sessions with state and central government officials make sense
2) Businesses will also face inventory, logistics, budgeting and working capital issues as they move to the new regime
3) Concerns over the lack of preparedness of small and medium enterprises to transit
4) rates for commodities such as bullion need to be finalised
5) could not even turn its side without excruciating pain
China in recent years under Xi Jinping has hosted a number of military parades to celebrate their victory of Japan during the second world war, inviting numerous foreign leaders as well to be present. Such occasions also turn into moments________________________weaponry and technology.
1) China’s foreign and domestic policies have both served the same goal
2) to maintain internal stability under the leadership of the Chinese Communist Party (CCP)
3) for the Chinese to showcase their advances in military
4) how the state is using history to justify its positions,
5) a few lines on how this historic conception affects China’s relations with India are also included at the end
How you define your retirement will obviously differ based on your own imperatives and your personal reality. For sportspersons, retirement comes early, once the body starts to age. For Government employees, retirement happens at age 58. For the private sector, it happens at age 60.________________________.The only category which can possibly select his own retirement would be a businessperson or a professional and even these people speak about “hanging up their gloves” to do something else.
1) Here are a few questions to ponder over as you look ahead to your retirement years
2) Keeping your mind and body healthy, throughout your life is essential, as you get older.
3) Politicians are in a class of their own and never retire
4) For some like Judges, retirement is at 65
5) Remember that the answers to each of these lie within yourself
I looked out of the window. The sky was tar-black and the big clouds were moving towards me. I heard a tapping on the window and then it became a pitter-patter.________________________. Puddles began plinking as the rainfall became heavier. The roofs of the cars danced with spray and I could hear the murmuring of the rain through the window. It sounded like the buzzing of angry bees.
1) There was much to say about how happy we all were to see these big, heavy drops of water fall from the sky
2) People ran for cover outside and umbrellas were opened as the clouds spat out their beads of water
3) As the morning progressed and the rain began to harden in a steady stream
4) All around me were ecstatic faces, broad smiles and people standing in the rain with open arms, heads cast to the sky
5) very clearly, was that of joy and gratitude for something that so many people may take for granted
Taking the present turmoil after enactment by the present government in a northern state, election fever settling down, it now becomes a matter of mature regulation. There may be penalties attached to cow stealing, or such arbitration that puts an end to the matter right away, with less abrasion as is possible. The matter also concerns hygienic storage and retailing of animal meat. Token of respect for each other may be established.________________________.
1) in as much it is no longer fashionable to keep the patchy growths menfolk unless of course it is on the face
2) no government found it worth to interfere, as division and deprivation, disrespect for another’s belief
3) or unbaked rumours that were to be divisive for the existing faiths
4) The common man is running for other promises for his survival
5) This is just the inverted image of President Obama’s great stress to conclude the Heidelberg Summit