Welcome to Online English Section with explanation in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating question sample in sentence correction (Phrase Replacements), which is BASED ON IBPS EXAMS 2017 !!!
In the questions given below, find out which of the phrases (I), (II), (III) given below should replace the phrase given in bold in the following sentence to make the sentence grammatically correct. If the sentence is correct as it is and no correction is required mark (5) as the answer.
- The membership FELL OFF dramatically when the chairperson resigned.
- I was away for a few days, so they had to get someone to FILL IN FOR me.
- I went to the library to FIND OUT all I could about the life and work of Joe Meek.
- The report FOCUSES ON the company’s weak points.
- He FROWNS ON people making personal calls at work.
- GET AFTER her and give her the message before she leaves the building.
- His boss is always GETTING AT him for arriving late.
- The robbers GOT AWAY in a stolen car, which the police later found abandoned.
- There’s a nasty rumour GOING ROUND about them.
- I’m going to take some work home because I haven’t managed to GET THROUGH it all today.