On July 3, 2017, Union Minister of State for Skill Development and Entrepreneurship Rajeev Pratap Rudi and Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan laid the foundation stone of the India’s biggest Global Skill Park in Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh.
Other Dignitaries present at the ceremony: Former cricketer K Srikanth, Singapore Embassy’s Councellor Ajit Singh, Uttar Pradesh’s Minister of State for Skill Development (Independent Charge), Chetan Chouhan.
About Global Skill Park in Bhopal:
Global Skill Park will be constructed on 37 acre land allotted in Narela Shankari area of Bhopal.
- The park will be established with the support of Singapore’s Institute of Technical Education and Education Services (ITEES) with an estimated cost of Rs. 645 crore.
- The objective of the Global Skill Park is to prepare skilled lot of youths who could get jobs in private companies as per their requirements. Besides, the youths would also be able to get employment opportunities in foreign countries.
- Madhya Pradesh Technical Education, Skill Development (independent charge), School Education and Labour Minister of State Deepak Joshi mentioned that earlier discussion was held with representatives of ITEES, Singapore and later, road map for future activities was prepared by consultants of Asian Development Bank and departmental officials and ITEES in Bhopal, Indore and Dewas.
- Trainers of international standard will impart training to 1000 students every year at the Skill Development Park.
- Courses conducted at the park will also have provision of international joint certification.
- The park will function on the spirit of ‘With Industry – For Industry’.