GST Council’s 32nd Meeting held in New Delhi under the Chairmanship of the Union Minister of Finance & Corporate Affairs, Shri Arun Jaitley
On 10th January 2019, the GST Council’s 32nd Meeting held under the Chairmanship of the Union Minister of Finance & Corporate Affairs, Shri Arun Jaitley in New Delhi, took the following major decisions to give relief to Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises MSME (including Small Traders)
- Increase in Turnover Limit for the existing Composition Scheme: The limit of Annual Turnover in the preceding Financial Year for availing Composition Scheme for Goods shall be increased to Rs 1.5 crore.
- Compliance Simplification: The compliance under Composition Scheme shall be simplified as now they would need to file one Annual Return but Payment of Taxes would remain Quarterly.
- Higher Exemption Threshold Limit for Supplier of Goods: There would be two Threshold Limits for exemption from Registration and Payment of GST for the suppliers of Goods i.e. Rs 40 lakhs and Rs 20 lakhs. The Threshold for Registration for Service Providers would continue to be Rs 20 lakhs and in case of Special Category States at Rs 10 lakhs.
- Composition Scheme for Services: A Composition Scheme shall be made available for Suppliers of Services (or Mixed Suppliers) with a Tax Rate of 6% (3% CGST +3% SGST) having an Annual Turnover in the preceding Financial Year up to Rs 50 lakhs.
- Free Accounting and Billing Software shall be provided to Small Taxpayers by Goods and Services tax network (GSTN).
- A seven Member Group of Ministers shall be constituted to examine the proposal of giving a Composition Scheme to Boost the Residential Segment of the Real Estate Sector
- Revenue Mobilization for Natural Calamities: GST Council approved Levy of Cess on Intra-State Supply of Goods and Services within the State of Kerala at a rate not exceeding 1% for a period not exceeding 2 years.
♦ Goods and Services tax is an indirect tax levied in India on the supply of goods and services.
♦ Implemented On: 1st july, 2017
♦ Finance Minister: Arun Jaitley.