How to Score Maximum in GK in IBPS Clerk Mains?
Preparing for IBPS Clerk 2018? We all are aware that GK is the most scoring section in all competitive exams. If done well, it can really work in your favour. Here’s how to score maximum in GK in IBPS Clerk Mains. This post is brought to you by Oliveboard. Let us first have a look at the IBPS Clerk Mains exam pattern.
IBPS Clerk Exam Pattern 2018
|Sr.No.||Name of Tests (not by sequence)||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Time allotted for each channel (separately timed)|
|1||General and Financial Awareness||50||50||35 min|
|2||General English||40||40||35 min|
|3||Reasoning ability & Computer aptitude||50||60||45 min|
|4||Quantitative aptitude||50||50||45 min|
The above tests except the Tests of English Language will be available bilingually, i.e. English and Hindi.
The IBPS Clerk General Awareness section is typically divided into two parts including the Static GK and current affairs and as you can see from the exam pattern, it would specially include financial awareness.
The static GK includes the various areas or parts such as:
- Important Articles in the Indian Constitution
- List of Bharat Ratna Award Winners
- List of Chief Ministers, Governors, and CJIs
- Important Acts of the Banking Sector
- Missiles of India
- List of Stadiums in India
- Indian Nobel Prize Winners
- State Symbols of India
- List of Bird Sanctuaries in India
- Banking Abbreviations (Volume IV)
- Banking Abbreviations (Volume III)
- Banking Abbreviations (Volume II)
- Banking Abbreviations (Volume I)
- Important Committees related to Banking and Finance
- Confusing Banking Terminologies
- GDP/GNP, NDP/NNP
- Important Banking Terms
- Bank mergers and MoUs
- Government Schemes and policies, etc.
Current Affairs would include topics from:
- Economic/Business News
- Sports News
- International News
- National/Government News
- Science/Technology News
- Awards and Honors
- Recent Bank MDs and CEOs
The best way to keep pace with current affairs is to regularly read newspapers.
Reading newspapers would not help you keep updated with the recent happenings around the world but would also build your vocabulary, that’ll be very beneficial in the English Section.
Prepare General Awareness for IBPS Clerk – Recommended Newspapers
The Hindu, or Indian Express, or Economic Times
- Try to highlight topics or articles that are relevant for your examination.
- You can even write down the details of any news article and quickly go through it before exam.
- Revise every week to keep your memory fresh regarding all the issues.