IBPS PO Success Story By Shashank Srivastava
I am Shashank Srivastava from Lucknow and i have been selected in CANARA bank through IBPS PO this year.My journey have been full of struggles. I have been preparing for bank,insurance exams from 2013 itself.
Following are the exams i took…
- SBI PO 2013 Missed final cut off by 0.23 marks all thanks to a timid interview score. IBPS 2013 Got corporation bank but had to leave it due to some personal exigencies in 2015.
- SBI PO 2015 Appeared for interviews but failed in interviews.Had 38 marks more than the mains cut off.
- IBPS PO 2015 Scored 113 marks in written but missed sectional cut off by 0.25
- IBPS RRB PO Got only 41 marks in interview
- SBI PO 2016 Missed GK sectional by 0.50 although scored 23 marks more than cut off
- IBPS PO 2016 Scored 74.50 in mains but again missed quants sectional cut off by 0.25
- NIACL AO 2016 Appeared for interviews but not in FINAL list.Had very good attempts in mains still couldn’t cross the final hurdle.Filed an RTI later and got to know that they failed me in interviews
- SBI PO 2017 Appeared for interviews but again got only 27 in GDPI. Missed final cut off by a whisker.
- IBPS PO 2017 Finally got CANARA bank PO this year.MAINS SCORE 102..INTERVIEW 64
As you can see its has been tough for me.Every year i have seen people scoring much less in mains getting FINAL allotment and i had to start from scratch.It has been heartbreaking of course.But the trick here is never back down from whatever situation you are in currently.Be the fighter your conscience wants you to be.Give your 101% and leave the rest to GOD.
Enough of my story.All these years of preparation i have come across various sources.I wanted to tell you what i feel is BEST so that you don’t waste your precious time.
For GK :
- Affairscloud DAILY updates .I scored 30 in IBPS PO mains GK sectional studying from these sources.
- If you have time go through gradeup’s capsule as well as for static gk follow WIFI STUDY video capsule on YT and study from different capsules and also Affairscloud publishes static topics every month behind their pocket pdf, do study them as well…
- Follow MERITSHINE youtube channel.Its the best source you can lay your hands on keeping the current scenario.Also for tricks and speed maths follow AMAR sir’s YT channel and Rakesh Yadav notes book.
- These are also very good.Also Practice questions from Sarvesh Verma Arihant CAT book.That would be more than enough.
Only practice and mocks would see you through.OB PM BA mocks are the best in class.
- Practice from mock tests and work hard on your vocab.Learn words from Arun Sharma CAT english book.Its the best source and have very good collection of Frequently asked words in banking exams.I scored 22 in IBPS PO mains just by doing this.
- Finally i would like to say NEVER GIVE UP.Your time will come and you would have the LAST laugh,sooner or later.
All the best everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!