Britains Indian-origin steel tycoon Sanjeev Gupta has bagged a top global award ‘CEO of the Year’for his successful acquisitions.
Sanjeev is the executive chairman of the Liberty House Group has received the title “CEO of the Year” at the prestigious Platts Global Metals Awards in London on 18th of May.
- He was chosen from a shortlist of 10 top metal industry executives, including Indian CEOs Sajjan Jindal of JSW Steel and Prakash Kumar Singh of the Steel Authority of India.
- It recently completed the acquisition of Tata’s speciality steels business.
- It now become Liberty Speciality Steels – which supplies high-value steels to automotive, aerospace, industrial and energy clients worldwide.
- He follows an intensive 18-month period during which the Liberty Group invested more than 500 million pounds.
- It acquires and turns around metals, energy and engineering operations across the UK, saving more than 5,000 jobs in the process.
- Liberty has become a largely trading entity to become one of the UKs largest industrial employers.
About Sanjeev Gupta
Sanjeev Kumar Gupta was born on 1971.He is a businessman who founded the Liberty House Group.
- He was born in Ludhiana, Punjab.
- He founded the Liberty House Group, a UK steel products company with its headquarters in London in 2001.