The 12th edition of Indian Premier League (IPL) was played from March 23 to May 12, 2019. A total of 8 teams had participated in the event. The event lasted for 48 days and a total of 60 matches played in the whole tournament. The event was administered by the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) and hosted in India. The cricket format of the IPL league is Twenty20. The matches of the league were played at 8 venues which are as follows:
|M. Chinnaswamy Stadium||Bengaluru||Karnataka|
|Feroz Shah Kotla||Delhi||Delhi|
|Rajiv Gandhi International Cricket Stadium||Hyderabad||Telangana|
|Eden Gardens||Kolkata||West Bengal|
|Sawai Mansingh Stadium||Jaipur||Rajasthan|
|Punjab Cricket Association IS Bindra Stadium||Mohali||Punjab|
|M. A. Chidambaram Stadium||Chennai||Tamil Nadu|
|ACA-VDCA Cricket Stadium||Visakhapatnam||Andhra Pradesh|
Mumbai Indians won their 4th IPL title after defeating Chennai Super Kings by 1 run at Rajiv Gandhi International Stadium, Hyderabad.
|1||Mumbai Indians||Rs. 20 crore|
|2||Chennai Super Kings||Rs. 12.5 crore|
|3||Delhi Capitals||Rs. 8.75 crore|
|4||Sunrisers Hyderabad||Rs. 8.75 crore|
- Orange Cap : David Warner from Sunrisers Hyderabad (SRH) won the orange cap by scoring 692 runs in 12 matches. He got Rs 10 lakh cheque as price money.
- Purple Cap : Imran Tahir from Chennai Super Kings (CSK) have won purple cap by taking 26 wickets in the tournament. He also got Rs 10 lakh cheque as prize money.
- Most Valuable Player : Andre Russell from Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR) won the most valuable player award. He got Rs 10 lakh cheque as prize money which was collected by Shubham Gill on this behalf.
- Fairplay: Sunrisers Hyderabad has won the Fairplay award 2019. VVS Laxman had collected the trophy.
- Fastest Fifty of the Season: Hardik Pandey from Mumbai Indians has scored the fastest fifty of IPL 2019. He hammered the fifty in 17 balls against the Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR). He got Rs 10 lakh cheque as prize money.
- Perfect Catch of the Season: Kieron Pollard from Mumbai Indians won the perfect catch of the match award. He had taken catch of Suresh Raina (CSK). He also got Rs 10 lakh cheque as prize money.
- Super Striker of the Season: Andre Russell from Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR) won the Super Striker of the Season award. He scored 510 runs with 52 sixes at strike rate of 204.81. He got Rs 10 lakh cheque as prize money and a car.
- Stylish Player of the Season: KL Rahul from Kings XI Punjab (KXIP) won the stylish player of the season award. He scored 593 runs in 14 matches. He got Rs 10 lakh cheque as prize money.
- Emerging Player of the Season: A 19-year old Shubham Gill from Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR) won emerging player of the season award. He got Rs 10 lakh cheque as prize money.
- Game Changer of the Season Award: Rahul Chahar from Mumbai Indians won the game changer of the season award. He had taken 13 wickets in 13 matches at an economy of 6.55. He also got Rs 10 lakh cheque as prize money
- Player of the Match in the Finals: Jasprit Bumrah from Mumbai Indian won the player of the match in the final against Chennai Super Kings (CSK). He bowled 4 overs with an economy rate of 3.50 and take 2 wickets. He got Rs 5 lakh cheque as prize money.
- Prayas Barman became the youngest ever player to play IPL. He was 16 years and 157 days old spinners from Royal Challengers Bangalore. He played his debut match against Sunrisers Hyderabad.
- Imran Tahir from CSK became the oldest player to play in the IPL player. He also became the second spinner to win purple cap. The first spinner to do so was Pragyan Ojha.
- Mumbai Indian became the first team in the IPL history to win 4 title in total 12 editions. Earlier Mumbai Indians won in 2013, 2015 and 2017. Chennai Super Kings (CSK) won 3 titles in total 10 editions they have played in the IPL.
- Jaydev Unadkat and Varun Chakravarthy were the most expensive player at Rs.8.4 crore. Sam Curran of England was the most expensive foreign player at Rs 7.2 crore.
Records Created in IPL 2019
- Suresh Raina became the first batsman to make 5,000 runs in the IPL.
- Virat Kohli from Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB) became the first batsman to score 5,000 runs in IPL for one team.
- Chris Gayle became the first batsman to hit 300 sixes in the IPL.
- Imran Tahir had become the highest wicket taker overseas leg-spinner in the IPL history. He has taken 59 wickets in 41 IPL matches. He surpassed the Rajasthan Royals leg spinner Shane Warne. He has taken 57 wickets in 55 matches for Rajasthan Royals.
- Riyan Parag from Rajasthan Royals became the youngest batsman to score fifty runs. He had scored fifty against Delhi Capitals.
- Virat Kohli became the third cricketer after MS Dhoni and Gautam Gambhir to captain in 100 IPL matches.
- MS Dhoni became the second batsman to score 4,000 runs for Chennai Super Kings (CSK). The first batsman to score 4,000 runs for CSK was Suresh Raina.
- Virat Kohli became the fastest Indian to score 8,000 runs in T20 cricket.
- The 22-year old Alzarri Joseph from Mumbai Indians had broken the record of Sohail Tanvir for the best bowling figure. Now, Joseph bowling figures 3.4-1-12-6 against Sunrisers Hyderabad (SRH) was the best in IPL history.
- Mumbai Indians became the first team which has played the 200 matches in T20 cricket.
- Virat Kohli has surpassed Suresh Raina to become the highest scoring Indian batsman in T20 format.
- Suresh Raina has become the only player to score 800+ runs against 2 IPL teams. The two IPL teams are Mumbai Indians and Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR).
- Chris Gayle has become the first player in the T20 cricket history to score hundred 50+ score.
- Amit Mishra became the first Indian bowler to take 150 wickets in IPL.
- Shikhar Dhawan became the first player in IPL history to hit 500 fours.
- Ashton Turner from Rajasthan Royals became the first batsman in T20 history to score 5 ducks in a row.
- MS Dhoni became the first Indian batsman in the IPL history to hit 200 sixes.
- Rishabh Pant from Delhi Capitals has set a record for the most dismissals as a keeper in T20 tournament. He surpassed the record of Kumar Sangakara.
- Imran Tahir became the 4th spinner to take 300 wickets in the T20 cricket. The other three spinners are Sunil Narine, Shahid Afridi and Shakib Al Hasan.
- MS Dhoni became the most successful wicket-keeper in IPL history by surpassing the Dinesh Karthik’s figure of 131 dismissals.
- Chennai Super Kings became the second team in the IPL history to win 100 matches. The first team to do so was Mumbai Indians.
IPL Champions from 2008 to 2019
|2008||Rajasthan Royals||Chennai Super Kings|
|2009||Deccan Chargers||Royal Challengers Bangalore|
|2010||Chennai Super Kings||Mumbai Indians|
|2011||Chennai Super Kings||Royal Challengers Bangalore|
|2012||Kolkata Knight Riders||Chennai Super Kings|
|2013||Mumbai Indians||Chennai Super Kings|
|2014||Kolkata Knight Riders||Kings XI Punjab|
|2015||Mumbai Indians||Chennai Super Kings|
|2016||Sunrisers Hyderabad||Royal Challengers Bangalore|
|2017||Mumbai Indians||Rising Pune Supergiant|
|2018||Chennai Super Kings||Sunrisers Hyderabad|
|2019||Mumbai Indians||Chennai Super Kings|