Maharashtra govt approves climate change adaptation policy
On October 10, 2017, Maharashtra State cabinet approved a climate change adaptation policy that will focus on developing environment-friendly villages and cities.
Decisions taken by Maharashtra State Cabinet:
Maharashtra State Government will set up a special cell under the state Environment department for the effective implementation of this policy of developing environment-friendly villages and cities.
- Besides, Maharashtra cabinet has approved financial allocation for special scheme for pending agricultural pumps in Vidarbha and Marathwada region.
- Grant of Rs 10 lakh to the Akhil Bharatiya Marathi Sahitya Mahamandal and six other regional educational institutions have been approved by Maharashtra cabinet.
- Subsidy for development of basic infrastructure of 26 municipal corporations in A and D category in the state has been increased from 50 per cent to 75 per cent.
Maharashtra launches web portal with information on new government schemes
On October 10, 2017, Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnacis launched a web portal that will help people get information about all the government schemes. The portal has been named ‘MahaLabharthi‘.
About ‘MahaLabharthi‘ web portal:
- Firstly, residents of Maharashtra will have to get themselves registered on https://www.mahalabharthi.in by providing basic personal information such as education, profession etc.
- On successful registration the portal will provide list of welfare schemes and related benefits for which the registered individual can apply.
- It also provides information such as where to apply and contact person for availing the benefits of the schemes he/she is eligible for.
- The portal currently provides detailed information of 229 government welfare schemes.
- Very soon this portal will be linked to Maharashtra Govt’s direct beneficiary website https://mahadbt.gov.in, which will enable people to apply for the various schemes from the same platform.
Quick Facts about Maharashtra:
- Capital – Mumbai
- Current Chief Minister – Devendra Fadnavis
- Current Governor – Chennamaneni Vidyasagar Rao