Overview of 76th Golden Globe Awards held in California, United States
On 6th January 2019, 76th Golden Globe Awards to honour the best in films and television of calendar year 2018 was held at Beverly Hills, California in USA.
- The ceremony was hosted by the famous actors Sandra Oh and Andy Samberg.
- The ceremony produced by Dick Clark Productions and the HFPA was aired live on NBC in United States.
Sandra Oh wins big, becomes first Asian actor to win multiple Golden Globes
On 6th January 2019, The Co-host of the 76th Golden Globe Awards, Sandra Oh won the Golden Globe award for the Best Actress in a TV Drama for her role in Killing Eve and became the first Asian to win multiple Golden Globe Awards.
- Sandra Oh won the award for playing the character of MI5 Analyst Eve Polastri, who became obsessed with an unhinged female assassin named Villanelle.
- It was Sandra Oh’s second Golden Globe win, she had earlier won the award in 2006 for essaying the role of Cristina Yang in Grey’s Anatomy.
The Complete list of Winners – Films
|Best Motion Picture – Drama||Bohemian Rhapsody|
|Best Motion Picture – Musical or Comedy||Green Book|
|Best Actor – Drama||Rami Malek for “Bohemian Rhapsody”|
|Best Actress – Drama||Glenn Close for “The Wife”|
|Best Actor – Musical or Comedy||Christian Bale for “Vice”|
|Best Actress – Musical or Comedy||Olivia Colman for “The Favourite”|
|Best Supporting Actor||Mahershala Ali for “Green Book”|
|Best Supporting Actress||Regina King for “If Beale Street Could Talk”|
|Best Director||Alfonso Cuaron for “Roma”|
|Best Screenplay||Brian Hayes Currie, Peter Farrelly and Nick Vallelonga for “Green Book”|
|Best Original Score||Justin Hurwitz for “First Man”|
|Best Original Song||Shallow (A star is Born)|
|Best Animated Feature Film||Spider-Man: Into the Spider –Verse|
|Best Foreign Language Film||Roma (Mexico)|
The Complete List of Winners – Television
|Best Television Series – Drama||The Americans|
|Best Television Series – Musical or Comedy||The Kominsky Method|
|Best Actor – Drama||Richard Madden for “Bodyguard”|
|Best Actress – Drama||Sandra Oh for “Killing Eve”|
|Best Actor – Musical or Comedy||Michael Douglas for “The Kominsky Method”|
|Best Actress – Musical or Comedy||Rachel Brosnahan for “The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel”|
|Best Actor – Miniseries or Television Film||Darren Criss for “The Assassination of Gianni Versace”|
|Best Actress – Miniseries or Television Film||Patricia Arquette for “Escape at Dannemora”|
|Best Supporting Actor – Miniseries or Television Film||Ben Whishaw for “A Very English Scandal”|
|Best Supporting Actress – Miniseries or Television Film||Patricia Clarkson for “Sharp Objects”|
|Best Miniseries or Television Film||The Assassination of Gianni Versace: American Crime Story|
About Golden Globe Awards
- The Golden Globe Awards are bestowed by the 93 members of the Hollywood Foreign Press Association.
- The Aim of Awards is to recognize the excellence in films and television both domestic and foreign.
- The Eligibility Period for the Golden Globe Award is 1st January to 31st December.
- The First Golden Globe Award was given in 1944.
About United States of America
♦ Capital: Washington D.C.
♦ Currency: United States Dollar (USD)
♦ President: Donald Trump