On 16th February 2019, The Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi visited Yavatmal and Dhule in Maharashtra to unveil various development projects.
Prime Minister, Narendra Modi’s Visit to Yavatmal
The Chief Minister of Maharashtra, Devendra Fadnavis and Union Minister, Nitin Gadkari were also present with Prime Minister in Yavatmal. The Highlights of Prime Minister’s Yavatmal visit is given below:
A Foundation Stone of Road Project worth Rs 500 crore is laid by Prime Minister in Yavatmal
- Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi laid foundation stone of Road Project worth Rs 500 crore funded by Central Road Fund in Yavatmal, Maharashtra.
- The project includes 10 road construction projects under which 176 km of roads will be constructed in Yavatmal at a cost of Rs. 456 crore.
Eklavya Model Residential School of Nanded was inaugurated by Narendra Modi
- Prime Minister inaugurated the Ekalavya Model Residential School which has a capacity of 420 students in Nanded, in order to improve the quality of education amongst tribal people.
- The School is spread in 16 acres and equipped with modern facilities including provision for food, residential facility, playground and IT facilities.
Humsafar Express connecting Ajni (Nagpur) with Pune was flagged-off by Prime Minister
In order to boost connectivity in the Yavatmal and nearby areas, Prime Minister flagged off Humsafar Express which will run between Ajni (Nagpur) and Pune.
i. Narendra Modi announced that around 14500 houses are built at Yavatmal under Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (PMAY) which aims at provide housing to all by 2022.
ii. Certificates and cheques were distributed to Self Help Groups (SHGs) under Maharashtra State Rural Livelihoods Mission by Prime Minister.
iii. A research centre is being built at Chandrapur to tackle with the Sickle cell disease.
Prime Minister, Narendra Modi’s Visit to Dhule
On 16th February 2019, Prime Minister, Narendra Modi visited Dhule after Yavatmal to inaugurate various development projects. The main highlights of his visit are given below:
Lower Panazara medium Project under PMKSY was inaugurated by Prime Minister
- Prime Minister, Narendra Modi inaugurated Lower Panazara Medium Project which has a total water storage capacity of 109.31 Mcum and irrigation potential of 7585 hectares, under Pradhan Mantri Krishi Sinchayee Yojana (PMKSY).
- This Project will provide irrigation facility to 21 villages of Dhule District in Maharashtra.
A Foundation stone of Sulwade Jamphal Kanoli Lift Irrigation Scheme was laid by Mr. Modi
- A foundation stone of Sulwade Jamphal Kanoli Lift Irrigation Scheme which will lift 9.24 TMC of flood water during the 124 days of monsoon season from river Tapi in Dhule, was laid by Prime Minister, Narendra Modi
- The lifted water from the river Tapi during monsoon season will be used for irrigation purpose in around 33,367 hectares land area of 100 villages in Dhule District.
Jalgaon-Udhana Railway line was inaugurated by Prime Minister
- Jalgaon-Udhana Railway line after Doubling and Electrification was inaugurated by Prime Minister, Narendra Modi in Dhule district.
- The railway line will improve regional connectivity and increase the capacity of ferrying passengers and goods. This is boost development opportunities in Nandurbar, Vyara, Dharangaon and other nearby areas of Dhule district.
Bhusaval-Bandra Khandesh Express Train was flagged off by Prime Minister
Bhusaval-Bandra Khandesh Express Train which will run between Mumbai and Bhusaval in three days of the week was flagged off by Prime Minister, Narendra Modi through video conference.
♦ Capital: Mumbai
♦ Chief Minister: Devendra Fadnavis
♦ Governor: C. Vidyasagar Rao