On 30th January 2019, Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi visited Surat and Dandi in Gujarat. He inaugurated various development projects and laid foundation stone for some of the projects. The Complete overview of his visit is covered in this article.
PM Modi dedicates National Salt Satyagraha Memorial in Dandi to the nation
On 30th January 2019, Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi unveiled the National Salt Satyagraha Memorial at Dandi Village which is situated on Arabian Sea coast in South Gujarat.
- The Statue of Mahatma Gandhi and 80 Satyagrahis who marched with Mahatma Gandhi in the historic Dandi Salt March in 1930 were also unveiled by Narendra Modi.
- National Salt Satyagraha Memorial has 24-narrative murals depicting various stories and events of the Dandi Salt March.
- To Meet energy requirements of the memorial complex, Solar trees had been installed at the venue.
About Dandi Salt March
During the Civil Disobedience Movement in 1930, Mahatma Gandhi along with 80 Satyagrahis marched 241 miles in 24 days from Sabarmati Ashram in Ahmedabad to the Dandi Village from 12th March 1930 to 6th April 1930 and made salt from the seawater breaking the Salt Law imposed by the British.
PM lays foundation stone for extension of terminal building at Surat Airport
On 30th January 2019, a foundation stone for the extension of Terminal building of Surat Airport was laid by Prime Minister, Narendra Modi during his one day visit to Surat, Gujarat.
- The Terminal building spread is being constructed in an area over 25500 square metres at a cost of Rs 354 Crore with passenger capacity of 1800.
- As per a Global economic Research report prepared by Oxford Economics, Surat will be world’s fastest growing city in the 2019-2035 period. The report also stated that all top 10 fastest growing cities will be from India.
- Prime Minister, Narendra Modi also announced that 50 new airports are coming on the aviation map of India and number of passport issuing officers have been increase from 40 to 200 in the last four years.
PM inaugurates state-of-the-art Hospital in Surat
On 30th January 2019, Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi inaugurated a state of art super speciality Hospital named “Rasilaben Sevantilal Shah Venus Hospital” in Surat, Gujarat.
- Rasilaben Sevantilal Shah Venus Hospital will also serve people under the Ayushman Bharat Scheme.
- Prime Minister announced in the Public gathering during the inauguration of the Hospital that more new Hospitals will be set up in tier 2-3 cities under Ayushman Bharat Yojana.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi announced that now 97% of population have access to clean toilets due to effective implementation of Swashta Abhiyan.
- Gujarat become the first state to implement the 10% reservation quota for economically weaker section.
PM addressed New India Youth Conclave in Surat
On 30th January 2019, Prime Minister Narendra Modi interacted with young professionals in a town-hall programme at the “New India Youth Conclave” during his day long visit to Surat, Gujarat.
- Prime Minister said that in last five years the sanitation coverage has been increase from 38% to 98%.
- He mentioned about the development works done in last five years and the major achievement of the government including Jan Dhan Yojana, Demonetization, Surgical strikes etc.
♦ Capital: Gandhinagar
♦ Chief Minister: Vijay Rupani
♦ Governor: Om Prakash Kohli
♦ National Parks (NP): Gir Forest NP, Blackbuck NP, Marine NP