Patanjali, Reliance Jio among top 10 most influential brands in India
As per a new study by global research firm Ipsos, spiritual guru Baba Ramdev’s Patanjali and Muekesh Ambai controlled Reliance Jio have been rated among the top 10 most influential brands in India.
Rankings of Most Influential Brands in India:
Search engine Google has been ranked at the No 1 slot, Microsoft and Facebook are at number two and three respectively.
- Patanjali and Jio have entered the top 10 ranking at fourth and ninth place respectively. Both these brands made an impressive entry as they did not figure in the previous edition of the study.
- Among the top 10 brands, Flipkart dropped three spots to take the tenth place while Amazon climbed a couple of steps to take the sixth place.
- State Bank of India is the only financial brand in the top 10.
- Brands in the 11-20 ranking include Snapdeal, Apple, Dettol, Cadbury and Amul.
- WhatsApp that had ranked sixth in the last study could not make it to the top 20 in this study.
- All brands that have featured in the list are those that consumer engages with on a daily basis.
Top 10 Most Influential Brands in India:
|5||State Bank of India|
About Ipsos Study of Most Influential Brands in India:
Ipsos is a global market research and a consulting firm having headquarters in Paris, France.
- This is the second year Ipsos has assessed India’s Most Influential Brands.
- Ipsos study evaluated over 100 brands across 21 countries and covered more than 1,000 Indians online.
- The objective of the study was to define and measure influence of various brands.
- The brands were rated by the consumers on quality, experience and value, as also factors such as big marketing spends and measures towards increasing their brand equity were counted.