Raipur Swami Vivekananda Airport ranked first in Customer Satisfaction Index Survey
Swami Vivekananda Airport, Raipur, Chhattisgarh, has ranked first in Customer Satisfaction Index Survey among 49 airports in India.Raipur Airport has scored highest, 4.84 on a five point scale index in the latest Customer Satisfaction Index Survey conducted by an independent agency for the period of January-June 2017.
- It has topped this survey for the third consecutive time in the past two years.
- Raipur Airport is followed by Udaipur, Amritsar and Dehradun airports which have scored 4.75, 4.74 and 4.73 respectively.
About Customer Satisfaction Index Survey:
Airport Authority of India (AAI) continuously strives to improve the services and passenger facilities at its airports.
- Customer Satisfaction is one of the key performance objectives of AAI which is evaluated through Customer Satisfaction Survey conducted by an independent agency commissioned by AAI.
- The Customer Satisfaction Index Survey covers a wide range of parameters like transportation, parking, passenger facilities and cleanliness etc.
Facts about Swami Vivekananda Airport, Raipur:
Swami Vivekananda Airport, formerly known as Raipur Airport, is the primary airport serving the state of Chhattisgarh, India.
- The airport is located at Mana between Raipurand Naya Raipur.
- It is the 28th busiest airport in India by passenger traffic and 31st busiest by aircraft movement.
- In January 2012, the airport was renamed after Swami Vivekananda.
- The new integrated terminal which has been built at a cost of approx. Rs. 135 crore was inaugurated by President Pranab Mukherjee in November 2012.
- High level maintenance of infrastructure and passenger facilities, the green ambience, state-of -the- art technology and courteous staff ensuring passenger satisfaction has resulted in Raipur Airport getting this recognition for the third consecutive time in the past two years.
Facts about Airports Authority of India (AAI):
AAI under the Ministry of Civil Aviation is responsible for creating, upgrading, maintaining and managing civil aviation infrastructure in India.
- It was founded in year 1995.
- Headquarters of AAI is located in New Delhi.
- Guruprasad Mohapatra is the current Chairman of AAI.