Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Reasoning Section in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating question sample in Statements & Arguments which is common for all the IBPS, SBI exam and other competitive exams !!!
Directions (1-10): Each question is followed by two courses of actions. You have to decide which of the course of action follows for the statement implied. Give answer.
(A) If only course of action I follows
(B) If only course of action II follows
(C) If either course of action I or II follows.
(D) If neither course of action I nor II follows.
(E) If both course of action I and II follow.
- Next day, millions of pilgrims are expected to take dip the Ganga at the holy place.
I. The state government should put a restriction on the number of people that can come to take dip each day.
II. During the next whole day, the state government should deploy personnel to maintain law and order.
- During the workers laying cables underground in ABC locality, a main pipe supplying water to the houses burst and the locality was flooded.
I. The concerned authority should immediately take an action and start repairing the damage.
II. The concerned authority should take an action against the company whose workers were laying the cables and ask them for the compensation.
- Some college students were found guilty of travelling in a local train without tickets.
I. The parents of these students should be contacted and asked to counsel their wards.
II. The students found guilty in such cases should be held behind bars.
- Though private ferry systems have made going to holy places easy, today many pilgrims died in a stampede while boarding a private ferry.
I. The state government should cancel the licenses of all such private ferry operators.
II. The state government should deploy some people to guide the pilgrims on their journey to the holy place.
- Many of the people invited for a marriage at ABC Hotel fell ill due to food poisoning and were admitted to the hospitals.
I. The government should keep on hold marriages till further notice.
II. The hospitals should be advised to give good services to the effected people.
- In the coastal area, a huge wave swept away the homes of fishermen and others living along the coastline.
I. The people should not be allowed to build their homes along coastline.
II. The administration should send its officials to find the extent of damages taken place and suggest remedial measures.
- Some workers of ABC diamond company were held by the police, due to found smuggling small pieces of diamonds when they were leaving the company after company hours.
I. The company should shut its business for some time until full proof security systems are installed in the company premises.
II. Before the workers leave the company, they should all be checked from now onwards.
- A huge truck and a car met with an accident and this incident has blocked a major part of the main road leading to a huge traffic jam.
I. The traffic department should take an action by immediately deploying its people to divert traffic on other roads.
II. The traffic department should take an action by immediately sending its people and equipment to move the truck and clear the jam.
- During a fight between two student groups of a college last night, many vehicles were damaged by throwing stones on each other.
I. The local police should arrest the ones found guilty of doing these acts.
II. The local police should call the college authority to bring the situation under control.
- The inflation rate in increasing since the last 6 months and there is no sign of it coming down in next 3-4 months.
I. Government should make an effort by reducing government taxes on essential commodities with immediate effect.
II. Government should ask the farmers to sell their crops at low prices.