Regional Institutions and their Headquarters
Hello Aspirants !!!!!
Here we have listed some important Regional Institutions with its Headquarters. We hope it will help you to recollect Headquartes of Organizations.
- Asian Development Bank –
- Headquarters – Manila, Philippines
- Founded on – 22 August, 1966
- President: Takehiko Nakao
- Total countries: 67
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) –
- Headquarters – Beijing, China
- Head – Jin Liqun
- Founded on – 4 October, 2014
- The capital of the bank is $100 billion, equivalent to 2⁄3 of the capital of the Asian Development Bank and about half that of the World Bank.
3. New Development Bank –
- Headquarters – Shanghai, China
- Head – K. V. Kamath
- Founded on – July, 2015
- It is established by the BRICS states (Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa).
- Asia Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) –
- Headquarters – Singapore
- Head – Dr. Alan Bollard
- Founded on – 1989
- 2016 summit: Lima
- Members: United States; Australia; Brunei Darussalam; Canada; Chile; China; Hong Kong, China; Indonesia; Japan; Malaysia; Mexico; New Zealand; Papua New Guinea; Peru; The Philippines; Russia; Singapore; Republic of Korea; Chinese Taipei; Thailand; and Vietnam.
- Association of South East Nations (ASEAN) –
- Headquarters – Jakarta, Indonesia
- Founded on – 8 August, 1967
- Members: Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, and Vietnam.
- ASEAN summit, 2015 – Kuala Lumpur
6. South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation (SAARC) –
- Headquarters – Kathmandu, Nepal
- Founded on – 8 December, 1985
- Members: Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Nepal, the Maldives, Pakistan and Sri Lanka.
- Secretaries-General of SAARC: ArjunBahadurThapa
- 2016 SAARC summit: Islamabad.