Sahitya Academy Award for translation of Murugan’s Maadhorubaagan
Aniruddhan Vasudevans has been chosen for Sahitya Academy award.He is chosen for his novel “One Part Woman”, a translation of Perumal Murugans controversial Tamil novel “Maadhorubaagan“.
- Awardee has given the prize money of Rs 50000
- The selection has been done on the basis of recommendations made by a Jury comprising of Malayalam poet and critic K Satchidanandan, writer GithaHariharan and translator and historian A R Vankatachalapathy.
- He has been chosen for the translation prize in English in 2016.
About Sahitya Academy Award
Kerala Sahitya Akademi Award is given each year by the Kerala Sahitya Academy.It has given to to Malayalam writers for their outstanding books of literary merit.
- Translation of parts of an ancient or medieval classic will be eligible for the award if the translation is true to the original.
- The standing of the original writer and the excellence of the same work would also be taken into consideration.
- A posthumous publication may be eligible for the award.
- The work should be in any of the languages recognized by the Academy.
- A book jointly translated by two persons shall be eligible for the award. In the event this work wins the award, the award amount shall be equally divided between the translators.
- The awards are given in various categories including Poetry, Novel, Story, Drama, Literary criticism, Biography – autobiography, Travelogue, Humour, Translation, Children’s literature etc
- In order to be eligible for the award, the book should have complete and faithful translation of the original.
- The work of a translator who has earlier won an award or who is a member of the Executive Board of the Academy shall not be considered.
- While translation through a link language can be considered, preference will be given to a work of translation from the original language.
- Translation of monographs published by the Academy is not eligible for the award