Section wise exam preparation strategy for SBI PO 2017 shared by Joginder
I am a silent reader of Affairs Cloud , after reading so many success stories here I thought to share my experience and efforts in achieving my target, if this could help any aspirant in some or the other way I’ll be more happy.
“At first they will ask why you are doing it, later they will ask how you did it”– Joginder (IBPS PO/MT VI (Union Bank of India)
NAME – JOGINDER
PLACE – DELHI
QUALIFICATION – BCOM, MCOM & SEMI QUALIFIED CMA
SELECTED IN – IBPS PO/MT VI (UNION BANK OF INDIA)
I left my Pvt job in October 2015 and started my journey with a goal to get a Govt. job in 2016 with LIC AAO and faced failure straight away and after that I had given number of exams but could not make it successful.
- NABARD Assistant Manager – fail
- SBI Clerk – my score was 55 in prelim but cutoff went to sky high
- SBI PO – short by 1.5 marks in prelim
- RBI Grade B Officer – fail in phase 1
- SSC CGL – got 135 in tier 1 but cutoff went to 137 unexpectedly
- NIACL AO – out in prelim phase, short by 2 marks
- IBPS Clerk – out in prelim phase, short by 3 marks
- RBI Assistant – out in prelim
- IDBI EXECUTIVE – fail
- Syndicate Bank PO – short by 2.5 marks
IPPB AM – cleared prelim, now waiting for mains result
Section wise strategy/advice
Affairs Cloud is more than enough. Rather going for monthly capsule read Affairs Cloud’s daily current affairs section thoroughly and attempt questions based on it and revise them regularly. This section is a game changer.
This section requires daily practice and make sure to practice from different websites and different apps so as to cover each and every type of question. Scoring topics are DATA INTERPRETATION, SIMPLIFICATION/APPROXIMATION, QUADRATIC EQUATIONS, NUMBER SERIES.
Reasoning & English:
The levels of these two sections have been raised to a different level altogether. New types of questions were asked, if concepts are clear one can manage to score well.
- Practice as many questions as possible.Make your own strategy after analyzing your weak & strong areas, only your strategy can help you.
- Practice mock test on regular basis.
- Always try to attempt those questions first which comes in a set of five.
- AVOID GUESS WORK because what matter the most is ACCURACY not the number of questions attempted.
Below is the list of some useful apps and websites I used to follow:-
After facing all above failures I didn’t quit and motivating myself to achieve desired goal by following below quote
“Our greatest weakness lies in giving up the most certain way to succeed is always to try one more time” (Thomas Alva Edison)