South Indian Bank Recruitment of Probationary Officers
Eligible Candidates are requested to apply ONLINE through Bank’s website www.southindianbank.com. No other means/modes of applications will be accepted. Before the
registration, candidates are requested to ensure that there is a valid email id in his/her name.
All future communications in this regard will be notified in our website including call letter for the
Online Test, Group Discussion and Personal Interview.
Educational Qualification as on 31.12.2017
X/ SSLC, XII/ HSC & Graduation with minimum 60 % marks under regular course.
Less than 25 years as on 31.12.2017. Candidate should be born not earlier
than 01.01.1993 and not later than 31.12.1998 (both days inclusive). Upper age limit will be relaxed by 5 years in the case of SC/ST candidates.
Candidates who are meeting the requisite educational qualification as on 31.12.2017 only will be
eligible to apply.
• Candidate should have passed X, XII and Graduation under regular course (full-time course) from a recognised University/ Institute recognised by the Govt. of India. Educational qualification by mode of distance education will not be considered.
• If Grade/ CGPA is awarded instead of marks, only candidates securing CGPA/ Grade equivalent to
60% or more may apply. The equivalent percentage should be mentioned at the time of application.
• Those who have scored less than 60% marks will not be eligible for applying. Rounding off to the
nearest integer is not allowed. (for e.g. 59.99 % cannot be rounded off to 60 )
The period of probation is 2 years. Confirmation will be subject to satisfactory performance during
IBA approved pay scale of Rs. 23700– 980/7 – 30560- 1145/2 – 32850- 1310/7 – 42020 plus DA, HRA & other allowances. Eligible for performance linked incentive applicable to Scale I officers as per the scheme in vogue.
Posting Location can be anywhere in India at the sole discretion of the Bank. Candidates may also note that the vacancies are predominantly outside South India and therefore appropriate language skills will be an added advantage.
The selected candidates can be posted in any roles/ profiles at any branches /offices/ departments as per the sole discretion and requirements of the Bank from time to time. The job role/ profile include branch banking, credit, business development, marketing, forex, treasury etc.
MODE OF SELECTION:
Online Test, Group Discussion and Personal Interview
• The initial Shortlisting will be done based on the online test marks.
• Final Selection will be based on the consolidated marks obtained for online test, GD and Personal
• Bank reserves the right to make required modifications in the selection process considering the
number of applications for the post.
General Category Rs. 800/-
SC/ST category Rs. 200/-
*Excluding GST and other charges
|S.No||Name of Tests||No of Questions||Maximum marks||Medium of Exam||Time allotted for each test|
|1||General/Economy/Banking Awareness||40||50||English||20 minutes|
|2||General English||40||50||40 minutes|
|3||Reasoning & Computer Aptitude||40||50||40 minutes|
|4||Data Analysis & Interpretation||40||50||40 minutes|
There will be ¼ penalty for wrong answers
Tests will be made available on in English
Online Application – Start Date 16.05.2018
Online Application – End Date 25.05.2018
Online Test – Tentative June 2018