Tata Group is India’s most valuable brand – Brand Finance
As per a latest report, released by Brand Finance on May 17, 2017, Tata Group is India’s most valuable brand, carrying an estimated brand value of $13.1 billion.
Quick Facts about Tata Group:
- Formation Year: 1868
- Founded By: Jamshedji Tata
- Headquarters: Mumbai, Maharashtra
- Businesses: Steel, Automobiles, Chemicals, Information Technology, Hotels, Power etc.
- Current Chairman: Natarajan Chandrasekaran
Key Take aways from Brand Finance’s India 100, 2017 Report:
- Tata retained top position as India’s most valuable brand despite 4% reduction in its brand value as compared to 2016.
- The total brand value of India’s top 100 brands grew by 15% in 2017. This growth is higher than the global average of 11%.
- Brand value of 68 of India’s 100 most valuable brands has increased in 2017. Moreover, 54 brands have registered double-digit growth.
- Indian IT services brands continue to dominate not just the national rankings but the international sectoral rankings as well. Major IT services brands like Infosys, HCL and
Wipro have managed to improve their national ranks by one spot.
- Air carrier Indigo Airlines is the highest gainer in the list. By adding new routes and increasing frequency on existing routes, it has managed to jump from 95th position in 2016 to 62nd in 2017.
- Handset maker, Micromax suffered massive 39% erosion in its brand value and fell to the 95th position in the list of top 100 brands. Since last two years, Micromax has been losing out on the Indian market against the onslaught of strong Chinese mobile brands such as Oppo and Vivo.
- Kolkata-based conglomerate ITC is the most powerful brand in the country. It has the distinction of being India’s only ‘AAA’ rated brand.
Top 10 – Most Valuable Indian Brands, 2017
|3||Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC)||$6.8 billion|
|5||State Bank of India (SBI)||$5.5 billion|
|7||Larsen & Toubro||$4.6 billion|
|8||Indian Oil||$4.5 billion|
About Brand Finance:
Brand Finance is a global brand valuation and strategy consultancy firm.
- Formation Year: 1996
- Headquarters: London, United Kingdom
- Current CEO: David Haigh