Yogi Adityanath Takes Oath as Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh
Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) MP Yogi Adityanath took oath as the 32nd Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh on March 19, 2017 at Kanshiram Smriti Upvan in Lucknow.However, in terms of individual Chief Ministers of Uttar Pradesh, Yogi Adityanath is the 21st Chief Minister.
- Uttar Pradesh Governor, Ram Naik administered the oath of office and secrecy to Adityanath.
- Yogi Aditya Nath (44), a five-time Lok Sabha MP from Gorakhpur, was unanimously elected BJP legislature party leader at a meeting of the MLAs in Lucknow on March 18, 2017.
- Besides, two deputy Chief Minister, nine MoS (independent charge), 24 cabinet ministers and 13 ministers of state also took the oath.
- It is for the first time that Uttar Pradesh has got 2 Deputy Chief Ministers. The cabinet has also given place to 5 female ministers and 1 Muslim Minster, Mohsin Raza.
- Others who attended the swearing in ceremony included LK Advani, Rajnath Singh, Venkaiah Naidu, Murli Manohar Joshi and Nitin Gadkari.
- Outgoing chief minister Akhilesh Yadav and his father and Samajwadi Party founder Mulayam Singh Yadav also attended Adityanath’s coronation.
List of Other Ministers
Deputy Chief Ministers: 2
Uttar Pradesh’s BJP President Keshav Prasad Maurya and Party’s National Vice-President Dinesh Sharma were sworn in as the Deputy Chief Ministers.
Cabinet Ministers: 22
- 22 cabinet ministers who were sworn in includes: Surya Pratap Shahi, Suresh Kumar Khanna, Swami Prasad Maurya, Satish Mahana, Rajesh Agarwal, Rita Bahuguna Joshi, Dara Singh Chauhan, Dharampal Singh, SP Singh Baghel and Satyadev Pachauri.
- Ramapati Shastri, Jai Prakash Singh, Om Prakash Rajbhar, Brijesh Pathak, Lakshmi Narain Chowdhury, Chetan Chauhan, Srikant Sharma, Rajendra Pratap Singh alias Moti Singh, Siddharth Nath Singh, Mukut Bihari Verma, Ashutosh Tondon and Nand Gopal Gupta Nandi.
Ministers of State (Independent Charge): 9
- The nine ministers of state (independent charge) who took oath includes:
- Anupma Jaiswal, Suresh Rana, Upendra Tiwari, Mahendra Kumar Singh, Swatantra Dev Singh, Bhupendra Singh Chowdhury, Dharam Singh Saini, Anil Rajbhar and Swati Singh.
Minister of State: 13
The thirteen ministers of state who took oath are Gulab Devi, Jai Prakash Nishad, Archana Pandey, Jai Kumar Singh Jacky, Atul Garg, Ranvendra Pratap Singh alias Dhunni Singh, Nilkanth Tiwari, Mohsin Raza, Girish Chandra Yadav, Baldev Olekh, Mannu Kori, Sandeep Singh and Suresh Pasi.
About Yogi Adityanath
Yogi Adityanath was born as Ajay Singh Bisht into a Garhwali Rajput family on 5 June 1972 in the village of Panchur, in Pauri Garhwal district of Uttarakhand (formerly in Uttar Pradesh).
- Ajay Singh completed his Bachelor’s Degree in Mathematics from the Hemwati Nandan Bahuguna Garhwal University in Srinagar, Uttarakhand.
- Yogi Adityanath has been a Member of Parliament from the Gorakhpur Constituency,
Uttar Pradesh for five consecutive terms since 1998.
- Adityanath is also the Mahant or head priest of the Gorakhnath Mutt, a Hindu temple in Gorakhpur, following the death of his spiritual father Mahant Avaidyanath in September 2014.
- Yogi Adityanath was the youngest member of the 12th Lok Sabha at 26. He has been elected to the Parliament from Gorakhpur for five consecutive terms (in 1998, 1999, 2004, 2009 and 2014 elections).
- After his first electoral win, Yogi Adityanath started his own militant youth wing Hindu Yuva Vahini, which has been known for several strong activities in the Purvanchal region in eastern Uttar Pradesh.